For many fashion businesses, MRP simply means calculating approximately how much fabric is required, adding a margin on top of that, then booking the fabric order. Marker making is seen as a parallel, but separate process, and little thought is given to the handling of the fabric in the cutting room.
Instead, apparel companies should have a dedicated person whose sole responsibility is managing materials from planning to cutting. With proper implementation, your Materials Manager could save your business 5% or more in fabric utilization.
Tukatalks is the show where fashion industry experts share what NOT to do.
Ram Sareen's LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/tukatech/
Ram Sareen's Twitter: https://twitter.com/RamKSareen1
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/TUKATALKS
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/tukatalks
- LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/showcase/372...
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tukatalks/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/tukatalks/
#fashionpodcast #fashiontechnology #whatNOTtodo