Matthew 1-2 with Dr. Richard Hays is Live
Join us as Dr. Richard Hays (Duke Divinity School) guides us through Matthew 1–2. We discuss Matthew’s genealogy, Jesus' escape from Herod, and how Matthew uses Israel's Scriptures in these chapters. Listen here.Meet the expert guides who are leading us through the gospel of Matthew by clicking here.
Relevant Books by Richard Hays
This post contains affiliate links
This week we are giving a way a copy of these books by Richard Hays (thanks to Baylor University Press, Eerdmans, and Harper Collins):
* Echoes of Scripture in the Gospels. Baylor University Press, 2016.
* Reading Backwards. Baylor University Press, 2014.
* Reading with the Grain of Scripture. Eerdmans, 2020.
* The Moral Vision of the New Testament. HarperCollins, 1996.
This Week’s Blurbs
In this episode, Richard recommends:
* "The Beatles: Get Back" by Richard Jackson.
* The Bible and Baptism by Isaac Morales OP.
* The Parthenon by George Hobson.
Other Books Mentioned in this Episode
* Leroy A. Huizenga, The New Isaac: Tradition and Intertextuality in the Gospel of Matthew. Brill, 2009.
Next week, Dr. Paul House guides us through Deuteronomy 1–4.
Subscribe and don't miss an episode
The Two Testaments takes you on a guided journey through Scripture with leading experts on the Bible, hosted by Rony Kozman and Will Kynes.
Visit our website at thetwotestaments.com, where you can subscribe, access all episodes, and meet our guides through Scripture. Sign up now so you don’t miss an episode.Find us on Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, Spotify, Stitcher, Vurbl, iHeart Radio, Amazon Music, and Pocket Casts.
You can also watch us on Youtube.
This is a public episode. If you would like to discuss this with other subscribers or get access to bonus episodes, visit thetwotestaments.substack.com