NEW NEWS THAT'S NEWSWORTHY:
Basic Books (Sowell's publisher) is teaming up with The Genius of Thomas Sowell Podcast to offer listeners a chance to win 4 Sowell books. Enter at SowellBooks.com for a chance to win!
In this episode, we continue to explore the subject of Affirmative Action which was inspired by reading Chapter 6 of Thomas Sowell's 1993 classic "Inside American Education."
You can read Chapter 6 HERE.
We touch on the following subjects:
• A case now before the US Supreme Court about affirmative action
• MIT bringing back the SAT exam
• Elite high schools turning away from academic admissions exams
• Will law schools no longer require that applicants take the LSAT?
• Why students can now get 100 extra points on their SAT for living in a rough neighborhood
• Affirmative action in TV commercials?
• Should casting TV commercials be the same as casting university students?
• Social Engineering
Today's episode features two separate interviews with scholars who study Affirmative Action:
1) Peter Arcidiacono: Professor of Economics at Duke University.
You can find Peter's CV and articles HERE.
2) Zachary Bleemer: Soon to be Assistant Professor of Economics at Yale University.
You can find Zach's CV and articles HERE.
• Our updated listener statistics to the podcast can be found HERE.
There are 3 ways to support the show:
1) Rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts
2) Purchase our Thomas Sowell Post It Note pads: You can find all 50 digital images of the post it notes HERE, feel free to download them and use them however you like. To purchase pads of printed post it notes, please Paypal $3/pad to firstname.lastname@example.org or Venmo to @Alan-Wolan. Please put your mailing address as well as your email address in the notes of the payment. International orders will cost more, please ask.
3) Support the show financially by subscribing with a monthly contribution on Patreon, link HERE.
You can email Alan at: TheGeniusOfThomasSowell@gmail.com