Mike Murphy Unplugged is a podcast for one-man bands and creative entrepreneurs to learn the tools to create online content and move forward in business and in life.
Learn how to start a podcast, how to use the gear and tools and productivity resources to simplify content creation. Hard work, practicing your craft and good attitude required.
Learn. Create. Move Forward.
The Change Show
In Today’s episode, I am going to read a simple, but practical checklist from a book that I recently finished to help or inspire you to create a positive change in your life.
The 4th Anniversary Show
Today is the 4th Anniversary of Mike Murphy Unplugged and I take a walk down memory lane and look at the takeaways from year 1 and see how they hold up today…a few years later !
In this Episode 155:
– A big thank you to all of you who have been with me since the beginning of this journey!
– I look at my Top 10 Takeaways from Year One and see how they stack up today.
Year 1 Mike vs. 2019 Mike
Full Episode Notes:
The Top 10 List is from 2016 (Listen for 2019 Comparison):
1. Podcasting is a big commitment and hard work:
2. I am proud to be a one-man band
3. Podcasting has made me a better teacher, thinker, writer…
4. Podcasting has me be more confident in my abilities
5. Podcasting can be fun and creative
6. Writing scripts is not fun (but are rewarding)
7. Done is definitely better than perfect
8. Having templates and systems are Essential
9. I stink at self-promotion & marketing
10. Do it for yourself and everything will always be worth it. (2019)
Quotes from 2016:
Karen Lamb: “A year from now you will wish you had started today”.Wayne Gretzky: “You miss 100% of the shots you never take”.
– Patience is the key to most things in life.
– Everything takes time, but you have to take initiative
– Start creating and doing and taking chances
– Launching the podcast was my first big shot on goal towards creating the life I wanted.
– If I can do it, so can you.
Happy 4th Anniversary and Thank You!
Thank you for joining me today and I hope you join my one man band and together we can Learn. Create & Move Forward. Cheers, Mike.
The Migration Show
This episode breaks down the process of how to move your show (podcast) from one podcast hosting company to another without losing any subscribers.
The Budget Show
Behind the scenes of my simple and practical new financial freedom plan to help me create the life I want. Today is about taking action and control of your finances so you can create the life you want.
1. The motivation or my why for taking action on my finances.
2. The two books that helped me build the framework and key takeaways from each.
3. My new plan along with the tools I am using to put my financial plan on auto-pilot.
Full Episode Notes:
The Merry Show
So welcome to this holiday episode 152. In this episode, I wanted to bring you up to speed on my journey and plans for 2019, but more importantly I really just wanted to make sure I took the time to wish each and every one of you a very merry holiday season and to wish you the best as we approach a new year.
The 3 Year Show
Today is the 3rd anniversary of Mike Murphy Unplugged and this an update episode about change, development and creating the life you want. I have some exciting news to share with you.
Mike Murphy has a brilliant way of boiling things down to the essentials and making things simple to do.
There’s so many digital life “experts” out there and it can frustrating that they often contradict each other. Mike cuts through all that and just gives you his calm, soothing style of description.
It’s all about, “This is how I digit.” None of the finger wagging and, “this is how it should be done.”
My favorite episode is the one where Mike shared lessons learned by publishing his own ebook. Love it, Mike!
My New Friend Mike
I just discovered this show after a big Podfest in Florida when I met the host accidentally. I didn’t know what to expect BUT, I listened and I like this guy a lot. He is humble, smart and helpful. Go Mike Go!
Mike is the Best!
I just met Mike at Podfest18. We had an extended conversation regarding the podcasting world, how to set them up, and many related topics. On the way home I listened to a dozen or so of his episodes. He's witty, informative, helpful and breaks the nuances of whatever it is he's discussing into bite sized pieces. Great Podcaster! I highly recommend him to all new podcasters or podcasters in training. Just Go!