The Mindful Matters Podcast features conversations with host Elaine Clark and leading guests in the realm of mindfulness and mental health. Learn from leading practitioners and inspiring individuals on how to best support your mental health. Contact Us firstname.lastname@example.org://blumatterproject.com/
Never Enough: The Neuroscience and Experience of Addiction with Dr. Judith Grisel
Mindful Matters Podcast host, Elaine Clark, speaks with Dr. Judith Grisel, TEDx speaker, renowned behavioral neuroscientist, recovering addict, and author of the NewYork Times Bestseller, "Never Enough: The Neuroscience and Experience of Addiction." Dr. Grisel takes us through the neuroscience and experience of addiction.
- Her own personal journey of addiction and sobriety
- “The opposite of addiction is not sobriety, it’s choice”.
- Her book, Never Enough: The Neuroscience and Experience of Addiction"
- "The solution isn't in a pill"
- Why human connection is crucial in the process of recovery
- The increased risk for substance use disorders while the brain is still developing
- Young adults are more prone to addiction, but also more resilient
- What happens in the brain when abusing substances
- The "debt of addiction"
- How to recognize dependence
- How to support a loved one struggling with addiction
- The "hungry little ghosts"
- Why movement practices are neurobiologically important
- Insights for anyone struggling to see a better future for themselves
For more information about Dr. Judy Grisel
To purchase the book:
Never Enough: The Neuroscience and Experience of Addiction
How To Take Back Your Health with Dr. Pat Boulogne
Mindful Matters Podcast host, Elaine Clark, speaks with Dr. Pat Boulogne, Certified Functional Medicine Practitioner, Coach, Chiropractor, Speaker, and Author of the #1 bestselling book, "Why... Are You Sick, Fat, and Tired?: Find Out Now". In this episode, she speaks to us about how we can use Functional Medicine as a way to take back our health & happiness.
- Insights from her book "Why... Are You Sick, Fat, and Tired?"
- Your health continuum
- Major reasons why people get sick
- Trauma, toxins & thoughts
- Why mindset is so important
- Food is information, not just calories
- The 3 brains: Primitive, Mammalian & Conscious
- Making changes stick
- Nutritional intelligence & overeating
- Knowledge is power when applied
- How to use her book as a guide
For more information about Dr. Pat Boulogne
To purchase the book:
To contact Dr. Pat Boulogne
Instagram: @drpatboulogneFacebook: @Dr Pat Boulogne - Functional - LifeStyle Medicine Expert CoachTwitter: https://twitter.com/drpatbLinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/drpatboulogne/Contact Us
Navigating Narcissism and Disarming the Narcissist with Wendy Behary
Mindful Matters Podcast host, Elaine Clark, speaks with Wendy Behary, author of an international bestselling book, “Disarming the Narcissist: Surviving And Thriving With The Self-absorbed”, a step-by-step communication guide to help you cope with and confront the narcissist in your life. Wendy speaks to us about how to effectively navigate narcissism.
- Insights from her book "Disarming the Narcissist"
- What is narcissism?
- Overt narcissist vs Covert Narcissist
- The importance of empathic confrontation
- What it’s like to be in a relationship with a narcissist
- Signs and traits to look out for
- Most common paths that lead to narcissism
- Establishing healthy boundaries
- Ending the cycle of self-blame, self-shame & self-sacrificing choices
- How to disarm the narcissist
- Why professional help is often needed for the narcissist to change
- What is Schema Therapy?
- The dysfunctional fit of codependents & narcissists
For more information about Wendy Behary
Instagram: @donsanddivasFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/wbeharyTwitter: https://twitter.com/donsanddivasLinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/in/wendy-behary-269a8a16/Contact Us
Trauma & Treasures in the Triggers with Marina Yanay-Triner
Mindful Matters Podcast host, Elaine Clark, speaks with Somatic Compassion Coach, Marina Yanay-Triner, to discuss the importance of addressing the trauma stored within the body and how a somatic, body-based approach can address triggers and support nervous system regulation.
- Somatic Compassion Coaching
- Nervous system regulation for sustainable change
- Foundational principles of healing from trauma
- Survival mode vs safety
- Signs of dysregulation
- How we can self regulate
- Treasures in the triggers
- How we can cultivate more self-love
- The fawning response
- A body forward approach to healing
- Somatic practices and embodied boundaries
- The "HealFlow" program
For more information about Marina Yanay-Triner please visit
Instagram: @marina.y.tFacebook: https://www.facebook.com/marinayanaytrinerPinterest: https://www.pinterest.ca/marinayanaytrinerContact Us
Decoding Your Emotional Blueprint with Judy Wilkins-Smith
Mindful Matters Podcast host, Elaine Clark, speaks with Judy Wilkins-Smith, a world-renowned author, motivational speaker and a highly regarded organizational, individual, and family patterns expert. In this inspiring episode, Judy shares insights from her new book, “Decoding Your Emotional Blueprint: A Powerful Guide to Transformation Through Disentangling Multigenerational Patterns” and how we can identify and shift our unconscious, inherited patterns that are no longer serving us.
- Judy's book "Decoding Your Emotional Blueprint"
- Why transformational healing can be so difficult
- The scientific evidence of emotional DNA
- What we can learn from emotional DNA
- What is systemic work & constellation
- Our unconscious loyalties
- Aligning the head and the heart
- Meta Patterns and how they affect us
- The meta pattern of “doing ok”
- How we can build our own constellation
For more information about Judy Wilkins-Smith please visit
To purchase the book, "Decoding Your Emotional Blueprint: A Powerful Guide to Transformation Through Disentangling Multigenerational Patterns"
For more information about the Constellation Meditations, please visit
How Mindfulness & Meditation Can Reshape Our Brains with Dr Sara Lazar
Mindful Matters Podcast host Elaine Clark is joined with Dr. Sara Lazar, neuroscientist, Ted Talk speaker and co-author of "Meditation and Psychotherapy". In this episode, Dr. Lazar speaks to us about how practicing mindfulness, meditation, and yoga can reshape our brain.
- Dr. Lazar and her research
- What neuroplasticity is
- Why exercising the brain in a new way is so beneficial
- How mindfulness and meditation can reshape the brain
- The brain regions of the default mode network and their function
- A wandering mind is an unhappy mind
- How mindfulness can soften the critical mind
- Benefits of mindfulness & meditation
- The best kind of mindfulness & meditation to practice
- How long we need to meditate in order to experience benefits
- Dr. Lazar's upcoming research
- How stress changes the brain
For more information about Dr. Sara Lazar please visit