“What kind of products can I build for consumers who are already on the Internet, rather than bringing offline consumers online.” - Miten Sampat
Miten started his career in US after completing his Masters in Computer Science, in 2007. It was in 2012 that he began as an Angel Investor and Advisor for Startups.
Around the same time, he took the call to move back into India and explore & leverage the Startup ecosystem here.
In 2013, he joined the TimesCity and later shifted to managing investments decisions at Times Internet.
Some of the portfolio companies at Times Internet include - MX Player, ET-Money, Dineout, Haptik, Shuttl and Cricbuzz among others.
In this podcast, Miten shares, the investment philosophy & thought process practised by him at Times Internet.
Some Questions answered by Miten in this Podcast -
1. What made him come back to India & join Times Internet?
2. What does he think about Times Internet investing as a Minority Share Holder?
3. What markets or investment thesis didn’t work out for them ?
4. Why did Times Internet Shutdown TLABS (Accelerator for Startups like - Inshorts & Pratilipi)?
5. What habits does he attribute to his success as an investor ?
6. How does Times Internet chooses build Vs buy ?