This podcast exists for the spiritual nourishment for today's millennial woman of color. Here, Dr. Neichelle Guidry is keeping you inspired and informed, but without all of the religious toxicity. Consider this your weekly boost as you strive to glow - and grow - up!
In Honor: Reading Malcolm X's Letter from Mecca.
In honor of Malcolm X's 95th birthday, I want to read this fascinating letter from Mecca. He describes his immersion in his religion for a time of spiritual growth, and how, for the first time, in his life he's encountered White folks who've seemingly divested of their whiteness in the name of their religion (Islam).
I think it's fascinating. Wanted to share it with you.
Eid Mubarak to all of our Muslim kinfolk.
Apologies for my dog barking in the background!
Spiritual Wellness in Quarantine Principle #1: Spiritual Practice
In this short episode, Dr. Guidry explains the concept of "Spiritual Practice" and how approaching our spirituality as a practice enables us to:
1. Be more gracious with ourselves when we don't know the "best practices" of our spirituality or to
2. The importance of daily acts of feeding our faith.
3. Infusing our daily acts, such as taking a walk or having a cup of coffee, with spiritual practices.
4. The importance of taking this period of social distancing one day at a time.
Holy Week 101 + A Palm Sunday Blessing #keepgoing
In this episode, Dr. Guidry explains the significance and traditions of Holy Week, including Palm Sunday, Maundy Thursday, and Good Friday. There is also a word of encouragement on this Palm Sunday in the era of the 'Rona.
Spiritual Wellness in the Time of The 'Rona
Your spiritual wellness in the time of COVID19/Coronavirus/The Rona/Miss Rona is critical. This unique period of time will call on you to attend to your inner life, with love, tenderness, and patience. A few recommendations for navigating the ambiguity include:
1. Release the pressure of carrying on your business as usual. Take this period one day at a time.
2. Regarding news intake, there is a difference between being informed and becoming intoxicated.
3. This is a major adjustment. Be patient with yourself and others.
4. When things are shifting, keep your focus on what is fixed. Scriptures to calm your spirit include Psalm 92, Psalm 121, John 14:1-3, and 2 Chronicles 7:13-16.
2020: The Year of Unparalleled Manifestation + A Blessing for Your Year
Welcome to 2020, the year of unparalleled manifestation. Four states of mind that I'm adopting:
1. Laser Focus.
2. Taking the Small Steps.
3. Detecting Distractions.
4. Welcoming New People and Influences.
The story of Joshua can be found in Genesis 37, 39-42. In this story, note the reaction of his brothers to his dreams. The function of dreams is to foreshadow what is to come. They're not a teaser, a fantasy of impossibility, or an experience in unattainability. They speak of what's in store, over time, with God, patience, work, and sometimes through great adversity.
More than 'Wins' and 'Losses': 2019 in Review + Announcement!
In this episode, let's start a deeper reflection on 2019. You don't need to buy a new planner or make another vision board, unless that's your thing. All you need is a journal, a pen, and some courage to go deeper in reflection.
5 Questions for Deeper Reflection:
1. What were my dominant mentalities and behaviors? What were the results that they led to?
2. What were my most critical growth moments?
3. What life-giving practices did I cultivate this year?
4. What were my most consistent and formative relationships?
5. What were my aha's? What revelation(s) did I learn this year?
Bonus Question: What stories can I reframe from this year?
My life and professional development coach: Ekene Onu
I'm so excited to announce my first Modern Faith Webinar, "Looking Back to Leap Forward." In this live reflective webinar, I will help you move mindfully and soulfully into 2020. Are you ready to go deeper than vision boards and intention setting? This webinar will consist of live guided coaching through a process of strategic reflection on 2019 and positioning for 2020. In 90 minutes, we will cover:Creating a Construct: Key Terms and Concepts5 Critical Areas for Self-AssessmentLooking Back: Going Beyond Your 'Wins' or 'Losses'Leaping Forward: Clarifying Your Vision and Claiming Your Position
To register, please click here: https://zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_JWAHCXrGQDCzOEY8IBW52g.
I look forward to our time together!
Customer ReviewsSee All
Love Speak Over Yourself Series
Really appreciated the value packed in such a short devotion. Fits well into my morning routine and I enjoyed meditating with affirmations in background.
Modern Faith subscriber
Amazingly inspirational! A must listen for all!!!!
LOVE this podcast
I am so encouraged by this podcast. It’s real, transparent, honest, and simply a breath of fresh air. I love it!!