On this episode of the Between Meals Podcast I am joined by Jessica Flanigan.
Jessica Flanigan is a Clinical Nutritionist, Co-Founder of The Institute of Spiritual Coaching and is the author of the first mind-body book about Autoimmune Disease; The Loving Diet. She has spent the last six years of her clinical nutrition practice focusing on working with clients in Autoimmune Paleo, but has since moved on to more advanced functional medicine based gut restoration applications to remove restriction from her client’s protocols and work with clients struggling with disordered eating with her program Transformational Eating.
In this episode we are investigating and discussing:
- If you've ditched diet dogma and you are now profoundly anti-diet are you still following dogma?
- Are you walking through your life seeking safety externally?
- How to heal with love instead of fixing through restriction.
- Our bodies are not built for perfection.
- How to face the parts of you that are painful in your self love journey
- When restrictive diets result in food fear.
- Believing that life is not against you and finding the benefits and lessons in the challenges.
- How to make room for the parts of yourself that are experiencing suffering and shame.
- Self acceptance and neutrality, without judgement.
- How to modulate the immune system when you are experiencing chronic illness
- How can you learn to trust yourself and when it might be time to leave the current approach behind?
- Implementing self forgiveness and loving compassion.
- and so much more.
If you want to learn more about Jessica Flanigan:
Check out her website
Her book The Loving Diet
The Institute of Spiritual Coaching
Read her article The Silent Truth: AIP, Restrictive Diets, Disordered Eating and Orthorexia