36 min

Non-negotiables for longevity | Dan Buettner The mindbodygreen Podcast

    • Alternative Health

Dan Buettner: “20% of how long we live is dictated by our genes. The other 80% is lifestyle or environment.” 
Buettner, a longevity expert and founder of Blue Zones, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss his underrated tips for living a longer life, plus:
- How prayer can actually help you live longer & healthier (14:31)
- How your friendships add years to your life (19:15)
- Why sourdough is a true longevity food (21:21)
- The best type of coffee for longevity (23:13)
- How to gamify healthy eating (25:30)

Referenced in the episode:
- Buettner's book, The Blue Zones Challenge.
- mbg Podcast episode #298, #157 & #34, with Buettner.
- Danish twin study on longevity.
- Research by Walter Willett, M.D., associating a plant-based diet with living longer.
- Buettner's previous book, The Blue Zones Kitchen.
- Follow Buettner on Instagram.

Enjoy this episode sponsored by Uprising Foods! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: podcast@mindbodygreen.com.

Dan Buettner: “20% of how long we live is dictated by our genes. The other 80% is lifestyle or environment.” 
Buettner, a longevity expert and founder of Blue Zones, joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss his underrated tips for living a longer life, plus:
- How prayer can actually help you live longer & healthier (14:31)
- How your friendships add years to your life (19:15)
- Why sourdough is a true longevity food (21:21)
- The best type of coffee for longevity (23:13)
- How to gamify healthy eating (25:30)

Referenced in the episode:
- Buettner's book, The Blue Zones Challenge.
- mbg Podcast episode #298, #157 & #34, with Buettner.
- Danish twin study on longevity.
- Research by Walter Willett, M.D., associating a plant-based diet with living longer.
- Buettner's previous book, The Blue Zones Kitchen.
- Follow Buettner on Instagram.

Enjoy this episode sponsored by Uprising Foods! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: podcast@mindbodygreen.com.

36 min