It was only three years ago that Isabel Gram, Arizona Business Attorney, was laid off from her longstanding corporate job. While the initial shock was disappointing, Isabel soon realized that this was the sign she needed to pursue her entrepreneurial dreams. Now, Isabel is happier than ever running her own practice where she has fully embraced the role of CEO. In today’s episode, Isabel sits down with host Vanessa Shaw to discuss how she became comfortable with owning her value and charging her clients for what her services are worth.
When Isabel first opened her practice, she thought she was automatically given the role of CEO, but quickly realized this wasn’t true. Instead, she quickly learned that in order to grow and scale her business, she needed to spend more time on business development and less time working contracts. After hiring Vanessa as her business coach, Isabel grew the confidence she needed to bring on another attorney. To her surprise, this decision has allowed her to attract ideal clients and cultivate her business into the practice of her dreams.
Tune into this episode of Get Rich Without Being a Bitch to learn more about the true definition of CEO, the importance of hiring a business coach, and how to step into your confidence, so you can take charge in your business and in life.
• “Believing that success points are not a fluke has been such an important part of the growth of the business.” (08:48-08:56)
• “I had always thought if you started a business, you are automatically a CEO. But I have come to learn that that is definitely not true. If you are the only technician in the business or you're doing a lot of the technical work, you're really not functioning as the CEO.” (24:14-24:32)
• “A huge part of giving myself that promotion to truly being CEO was to hire.” (25:01-25:06)
• “I decided to bet on myself and believe that my time was better spent doing business development than working on contracts.” (28:47-28:55)
• “Now more than ever, we say no, and I definitely don’t compete on price and I’m very open about that with clients, because I've become so clear on the value proposition with the firm.” (34:04- 34:15)
• “A key investment for sure is having a coach and investing in a team. You have to be willing to part with your hard-earned revenue dollars to invest in people, so that you can be freed up to do CEO activities.” (37:11-37:25)
Connect with Isabel Gram
Follow Vanessa Shaw on Instagram
Vanessa Shaw on LinkedIn
Join The Million Dollar Group on Facebook
Podcast production and show notes provided by HiveCast.fm