AJ from Fraser Valley Adventures joins us today on the podcast to talk about owning an outdoor adventure service-business, managing being a new dad while growing a business, and perspective on transitioning from employee to business owner to get out of potentially toxic cultural environments.
Had a great chat with you, AJ! Can't wait to head out into the wilderness and do some ATVing! Check out Fraser Valley Adventures here:
00:16 - Intro to AJ's business, Fraser Valley Adventures, what they do and what they offer.
03:29 - How AJ got started with his business.
05:55 - AJ's personal backstory.
06:47 - AJ's process of going from employee to business owner.
10:00 - Importance of family support and a positive environment when starting a business.
12:38 - How social media marketing has benefitted AJ's business.
16:05 - Delegating tasks and roles out so you can focus on what you do best.
* 18:29 - What's the number one reason entrepreneurs aren't succeeding in 2019?
* 19:56 - What's your morning routine?
* 22:11 - What does a "weekend" mean to you?
24:29 - Talking about AJ's new baby, and what it means to balance being a father and business owner.
27:46 - Perspective on raising a child in today's age and how best to instil ambition.
30:36 - Learning work ethic from farmers & the value of having good work ethic.
* 35:51- How do you spend your free time away from your business to help you relax?
* 38:55 - What has kept you going in the beginning phases of building your business?
* = question & answer