Sermon Audio from Providence Bible Fellowship
The New Covenant
1. The arrival of the new covenant shows the inadequacy of the old covenant.
2. The old covenant exposed dead hearts.
3. The new covenant gives life.
inclines the heart toward obedience
establishes covenant fellowship
creates a regenerate covenant community
provides forgiveness of sin
The Real Thing
1. We have a sitting minister in the true tent.
2. He has made the necessary offering.
3. His ministry is incompatible with the merely earthly shadow.
4. His ministry is more excellent.
A. Mediator of a better covenant…
B. …enacted on better promises
A Psalm for Giving Thanks
1. Worship the Lord (100:1–2)
• Sing to God
• Serve God
2. Know the Lord (100:3)
• God created us
• God cares for us
3. Give Thanks to the Lord (100:4–5)
• God is good
• God is loving
• God is faithful
The Priest We Needed
1. Jesus is the guarantee of a better covenant.
2. Jesus is able to save forever and completely.
3. Jesus brings definitive atonement
The Eternal Melchizedekian Priesthood
Sermon Text: Hebrews 7:1-10
1. Christ's Melchizedekian priesthood is eternal.
2. Christ's Melchizedekian priesthood is superior to Abraham.
The Unchangeable Promise and Oath of God
1. God's promise is guaranteed by a self-sworn oath.
2. God's promise is obtained by those who persevere.
3. God's promise gives powerful encouragement to hold fast to hope.