We're a global health company contributing to the systemic improvement of health care delivery and the health of communities.
Ep. 233: An engaged population is a healthier population
In this episode—recorded at Oracle Cerner Middle East and Africa Collaboration Forum 2022—Dr. Bashar Balish, Senior Director and Client Site Leader at Oracle Cerner, speaks with keynote speaker Himanshu Puri, Head of Information Technology, King's College Hospital London, UAE, about how the pandemic opened new opportunities for patient engagement and which innovations healthcare systems are utilizing to deliver better care.
Ep. 232: Interoperability - the evolution and direction of shared care
In this episode – recorded at Oracle Cerner European Collaboration Forum 2022 – speakers from the UK, Canada, and Qatar consider where we currently are with the long-running challenge of interoperability and what we need to do to in the future to help achieve its key goals.
Ep 231: Improving health equality and equity through digital innovation
In this episode – recorded at Oracle Cerner European Collaboration Forum 2022 – an expert panel in the field of health and care disparities discuss their views on the opportunities to remove systemic barriers to health equality and thereby improve health equity through digital innovation.
Ep. 230: How COVID-19 impacted consumerism and how healthcare organizations can adapt
Even before the COVID-19 global pandemic, consumers were asking providers for more autonomy and convenience with their healthcare. Given the pandemic, there has been a subsequent boost in healthcare consumerism, pushing patients to adopt the patient engagement technologies at a much faster rate. In this episode, Sue Martin, vice president, financial alignment at Cerner, and Rick Gundling, senior vice president, professional practice at HFMA, discuss the impact that COVID-19 has had on consumerism.
Tune in to hear Sue and Rick discuss:
• How the rapid increase in consumerism has impacted the healthcare industry (1:39)
• The largest behavior differences between pre-pandemic patient behavior and today, and healthcare organizations’ reactions to the change in patient behavior (3:25)
• Helpful strategies that healthcare organizations can leverage to empower and support patients as they navigate a changing landscape (8:26)
• Industry insight into consumer expectations moving forward (13:49)
Ep. 229: Combatting clinician burnout
In this episode, Dr. Lu de Souza, Vice President & Chief Medical Officer, Cerner, is joined by Dr. Tania Tajirian, Chief Medical Information Officer, Centre for Addiction and Mental Health. They discuss the topic of clinician burnout, what factors play a role in burnout, and lessons learned in tackling this issue.
Tune in to hear Dr. de Souza and Dr. Tajirian these questions:
• How are EHRs impacting clinician burnout? (02:17)
• Why taking a multi-prong approach is important in tackling this issue? (06:22)
• What are the top three or four things you (Dr. T) have learned through this process? (16:31)
• What is coming up in your strategy immediately, and what is coming in the next five years? (18:59)
• Share some wisdom that has helped you in your journey. (22:33)
Ep. 228: How TEFCA impacts the future of healthcare
In this episode, Josh Mast, director & product regulatory strategist at Cerner, is joined by fellow associate Hans Buitendijk, director of interoperability strategy, and special guest Mariann Yeager, CEO at The Sequoia Project. Through their own experiences, they discuss TEFCA (Trusted Exchange Framework and Common Agreement), including what it is, how it impacts healthcare providers today, and how it can impact healthcare in the future, both locally and globally.
Tune in to hear Josh, Hans, and Mariann answer these questions:
• What is TEFCA? (01:39)
• Why is that such an important topic for users and healthcare providers? (03:02)
• What role is the Sequoia project playing within this trusted exchange network? (04:44)
• What do you see as the ultimate goal in implementing TEFCA? (06:15)
• What do you think are the biggest challenge for achieving that goal? (07:55)
• What is the next big milestone for TEFCA? (08:47)
• What advice would you give healthcare organizations going forward? (10:13)
• What does healthcare data-sharing look like over the next 5-to-10 years? (11:48)
• Do you believe that U.S. policies like TEFCA have a potential worldwide impact on healthcare exchange? (14:50)
Amateur but decent content
Sound quality and editing not professionally produced but content on EHR pretty good.