Let’s talk about LOVE! Self-Love isn’t some trendy phrase. It’s scientifically proven that increasing your self-love muscle improves your health. Tune in to hear empirically-validated ways to exercise your self-love muscle.
We learn that self-love isn’t a destination but a continual practice. Self-love is a not a state of just feeling good but an action. And the benefits! Wait until you hear the long list of benefits.
Join us as we dive into what sabotages our self-love and ways to overcome the challenges we place in our way.
Is it selfish to practice self-love? Tune in to hear what Jonathan’s take is on the subject!
* * *
What is Self-Love?
Self-love is a not a destination; it’s a practice. Self-love is an action not a state of feeling good. Self-love is the foundation on which we build a happy life. Without self-love, we have nowhere to put the love or abundance that comes to us.
What self-criticism is good for?
It keeps you focused on what’s wrong with you, thereby decreasing your confidence. It makes you afraid of failure which hurts your performance, makes you give up more easily, and leads to poor decision-making. It makes you less resilient in the face of failure and also less likely to learn from mistakes. It holds you back from reaching your goals and dreams.
Benefits of Self-Love
increases motivation and willpower brings you greater perspective and therefore better decision-making makes you more resilient: You more easily bounce back in the face of failure and learn from your mistakes makes you more emotionally intelligent and therefore improves your relationships lowers you stress levels and decreases feelings of being overwhelmed boosts your psychological well-being and decreases anxiety and depression improves your health. increases motivation and willpower brings you greater perspective and therefore better decision-making makes you more resilient: You more easily bounce back in the face of failure and learn from your mistakes makes you more emotionally intelligent and therefore improves your relationships lowers you stress levels and decreases feelings of being overwhelmed boosts your psychological well-being and decreases anxiety and depression improves your health
10 Ways to Improve Self-Love & TeriAnn’s BONUS Reason
1. Become mindful. People who have more self-love tend to know what they think, feel and want. They are mindful of who they are and act on this knowledge, rather than on what others want for them.
2. Act on what you need rather than what you want. You love yourself when you can turn away from something that feels good and exciting to what you need to stay strong, centered, and moving forward in your life, instead.
3. Set boundaries. You'll love yourself more when you set limits or say no to work, love, or activities that deplete or harm you physically, emotionally and spiritually, or express poorly who you are.
4. Protect yourself. Understand the term frenemies. It describes so well the type of "friends" who take pleasure in your pain and loss rather than in your happiness and success. Suggestion here: Get rid of them!
5. Forgive yourself. We humans can be so hard on ourselves. You have to accept your humanness (the fact that you are not perfect), before you can truly love yourself. Practice being less hard on yourself when you make a mistake.
6. Live intentionally. If your intention is to live a meaningful and healthy life, you will make decisions that support this intention, and feel good about yourself when you succeed in this purpose.
7. Become a master communicator. Every great relationship relies on positive communication, so take the time to check in with yourself. Remember: ALWAYS speak to yourself in a loving way. How would you speak to someone you love? How can you speak to yourself in a more loving way?
8. Be kind and gentle