It's been a while, and it took some effort, and there was also that time when all the rain came to Karachi and the whole city flooded. But, we made it. One of the biggest names in Pakistani music and especially in the Pakistani rock & metal scene, Faraz Anwar, is on the show.
Faraz was kind enough to give us his time and we've had a long ranging conversation stretching all the way from his musical beginnings in the late 80's to his very latest album. We talked about how he got into the scene, how he started Mizraab, all the pitfalls faced along the way especially with Pakistan's non-existent music industry and ended with his plans for the future and philosophy on life. Check out the episode, it'll also be up on his channel and find all the links to his work and website below!
Things discussed in this episode:
2. Early life and introduction to music
3. Getting introduced into the Pakistani music scene
4. Formation of Mizraab
5. First album & difficulties of being a musician in Pakistan
6. Recording the second album on his own
7. His guitar & relationship with Amir Zaki
8. Ujalon Mein, new sounds & postponing the 3rd album
9. Coke Studio's role & impact in Pakistani music
10. Third album & looking towards the future
11. Lessons learned & his philosophy on approaching life
Faraz's website: https://www.farazanwar.com/
Faraz's album: https://www.farazanwar.com/store
His YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCByLqmxN9m5rTq1SIwgirdA
His Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thefarazanwar/
His Twitter: https://twitter.com/thefarazanwar
Find all our previous episodes on SoundCloud, Spotify & Apple Podcasts and follow us all on Twitter! Links to everything below!
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast...