Kashmir (the band) is on the show! Following right up with last week's episode with Faraz Anwar, here's another episode around Pakistan's music scene! The lads were kind enough to spend an hour with the show talking about a whole bunch of things spanning their +8 year long career. From being relative unknowns, to their explosive debut on the national/international stage and eventually winning the 2017 Pepsi Battle of Bands, to all about what an act has to do to succeed as full-time musicians without the structure of a real music industry in the country and much more! Zair Cam! Aatank Chords! Great chat. Check out the breakdown below and also all the links to them and their work!
Things discussed in this episode:
1. 00:00 Intro
2. 01:33 Surviving Karachi's recent flooding
3. 04:40 Kashmir before Pepsi Battle of Bands 2017
4. 08:33 How they got into the competition
5. 13:24 Immediate aftermath of the show
6. 16:50 Crazy music video stories
7. 25:10 What the band is working on now
8. 30:30 The impact of brands on the music scene
9. 35:29 How do you work as a band without a real industry?
10. 45:52 Can bands create their own industry?
11. 51:39 Fan Question 1: A funny story they have never told anyone
12. 53:13 Fan Question 2: All about #AatankChords
13. 53:52 Fan Question 3: Did the band ever expect their success
14. 55:56 Message & advice for "youngsters"
Kashmir YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/KASHMIRtheband/
Kashmir Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/kashmirtheband/
Their album box at Daraz: https://www.daraz.pk/products/kashmir-album-box-i147082799-s1310164019.html?spm=a2a0e.8553220.127.116.11e7e54ffZw13ir&mp=3
Find all our previous episodes on SoundCloud, Spotify & Apple Podcasts and follow us all on Twitter! Links to everything below!
Apple Podcasts: https://podcasts.apple.com/us/podcast...