Welcome to Episode 91 of Praestabilis: Excellence in Marketing
Welcome Aboard for Episode 91 of the podcast! This time the topic is “Blogging to grow your business, change your life’s focus, and achieve your goals and dreams!”
I started my first blog for my new business in 2006. The name of it was Ebook Writing and Marketing Secrets, and within two years that blog became my primary site – where I continue to blog all these years later – at Connie Ragen Green.
During the next several years, two mentors, Raymond Aaron and Alex Mandossian told me that I was the “huge profits with a tiny list” person and should blog about how I was becoming known for making excellent and ever increasing income with such a tiny number – relatively speaking – of people on my email list.
I took their advice and soon after my “Huge Profits Tiny List” blog was created. Initially begun for the sole purpose of sharing my strategies on earning income with a small list, I continued to expand upon these principles and in July of 2010 my first book, Huge Profits with a Tiny List: How to Use Relationship Marketing to Increase Your Bottom Line was published.
Instead of closing down this blog after the book was released, I decided to continue publishing posts there a few times each month, and continue to do this to this day.
My writing has improved over the years, and I am now a bestselling Wall Street Journal and USA Today author. During the summer of 2019 I decided to start a third blog, as a way to write mostly fiction and begin my journey as a television and screenplay writer. You may see what I’m sharing on my Monday Morning Mellow blog where I publish… you guessed it! every single Monday.
You must get back to basics if you are to succeed as an online entrepreneur. There are a few “musts” that include:
* Blogging: I’ve blogged consistently for almost seventeen years for a reason… it works! This is the fastest and easiest way to build your business with credibility, visibility, authority, and profitability.
A Bonus: It will turn you into a writer, like it’s done for me, allowing me to write my own ticket as a speaker, consultant, and online marketing strategist.
* List Building: Set up a WordPress site, publish three blog posts, create a short – 5 pages is enough – free giveaway, add an opt-in box to your site – on the right-hand side, ABOVE the fold, and you’re in business. This cane be done in two or three days. If one more person tells me their site in “under construction” or a “work in progress” I think I might scream!
* Social Media: Have active profiles on the “Big Three” of social media… Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn. My rule for over a decade has been to “get in, get out, and get back to work” by spending no more than 15 minutes a day on social media, and I have never once broken my own rule. Yes, you “have to” be on these three platforms to build relationships, allow people to get to know you, and grow your business as a result.
Other important concepts and ideas around getting back to basics and laying a solid foundation for your business include:
* Think of yourself as a problem solver
* Create simple products by teaching a simple concept you may be taking for granted
* Asking each day “What’s for Sale?” in your business and looking at what you are purchasing for ideas on who and what to be an affiliate for in your niche and be...