Madhavan Ramanujam is a legendary “pricing whisperer” among tech unicorns including Trulia, Etsy, Uber, Amazon, Evernote, and more. He is the author of 'Monetizing Innovation' and a partner at Simon-Kucher.
Today, Madhavan and Pete (General Partner at NFX) are sharing the frameworks, tactics, and hidden truths Founders need to know about pricing - and how, when done correctly, it can dramatically lever-up growth. Madhavan and Pete discuss topics in the pricing world like how:
- Pricing is a blindspot for startups.
- How to Test Willingness-to-Pay
- Acceptable, Expensive, or Prohibitively Expensive?
- How To Think About Pricing During Extreme Swings
- What to do when customer demand is spiking
- What to do when you are losing demand
- Think creatively about value and market share in a downturn
- How You Charge > How Much You Charge
- Five Monetization Models That Work, Time And Time Again
- Dynamic Pricing
- Market-Based Pricing
- Why 72% of Attempts to Monetize Innovation Fail
- The 4 Ways Your Monetization Fails
- Feature Shock
- Hidden Gems
- Frameworks for Avoiding Monetizing Innovation Failures
- P.S. Pricing Principles Applied to Life
Madhavan also walks us through some never before heard pricing case studies on companies he's worked with like: