We chronicle the making of the album from concept to creation. Host Dave Trout helps tell the story that almost never gets told - the drama, swerves, missteps, and key decisions that make an album's release date happen.
BONUS: The Future of this Podcast + Farewell to 2020
Wow, it's been a minute!
So... what is happening with the Rich Mullins Tribute album?
What is happening with the future of this Podcast?
We answer these questions in a quick update...
PLUS... as a special gift to the Release Date subscribers...
We share with you the audio of our new online concert special "Farewell to 2020"
* Cindy Morgan
* Royce Lovett
* Christopher Williams
* Sara Groves
* Randall Goodgame
* Hosted by Dave Trout
Link to watch the video: https://utrmedia.org/videos/farewell-to-2020-online-concert/
(c) 2020 UTR Media. All Rights Reserved. A 501(c)(3) non-profit org - info at https://utrmedia.org
BONUS: Celebrating Black Lives
We believe this is an important moment in history. So we pause, we acknowledge, we listen, we unite with the cries for justice and peace from the Black Community. In this 85-minute special, we share songs and interviews that will help you lean in and hopefully engage your heart, mind, & spirit.
---------------- SONG CREDITS ----------------
* Brother (Open Up Our Eyes) - Seth & Nirva (ft. GabeReal)
* Write It On The Wall - Royce Lovett
* What Makes the World - The New Respects
* Maybe Both, 1865 - Sho Baraka (ft. James Portier)
* Black Boy Run! - Justin Gray
* Take Me To The King - Tamela Mann (ft. Kirk Franklin)
----------------- CREDITS ------------------
* Host/Producer - Dave Trout
* GUEST 1: Royce Lovett - http://roycelovett.com
* GUEST 2: Justin Gray - IG @justingraysings
* GUEST 3: Michael Trout - YMEN's website - http://ymenchicago.com
* SPONSOR: Paul Demer - https://is.gd/pdrunningsp
* Join SongRx Email list at utrmedia.org
* See Justin Gray's "Run Black Boy" music video - https://youtu.be/MlAfIQRyc04
* Full video interview with Royce Lovett - https://youtu.be/EUa-ztqRLEE
* Full video interview with Michael Trout - https://youtu.be/5FTW4bcRsmk
* Email: email@example.com
(c) 2020 UTR Media. All Rights Reserved. A 501(c)(3) non-profit organization - info at https://utrmedia.org
BONUS: Nashville or Bust
UTR Media & the Trout Family are relocating to the Nashville area. In this bonus podcast, Dave shares the journey and some of his hopes for the future.
----------- SONG LIST FOR THIS EPISODE ------------
* "Ready or Not" - Drakeford
* "Let Yourself Be Led" - Brianna Gaither
* "Tomorrow Morning" - Wild Harbors
* "Till We Go" - Mr. & Mrs. Something
-------------- SPECIAL THANKS ---------------
* SPONSOR: Make Sure's "Walk Home Instead" - https://is.gd/msuresp
* CrossWinds Church, Chicago
* Felts Partners in Nashville
* Zak Tibstra for driving our moving truck!
(c) 2019 UTR Media. All Rights Reserved. A 501(c)(3) non-profit ministry - info at https://utrmedia.org
07 Room Where It Happens
What do I want? Money, awards, exposure? Nope. I just want to be in the room where it happens.
06 The Big Meeting
An all-star meeting is assembled in Nashville to see who is interested in being involved in the making of a Rich Mullins tribute album.
Enjoying this podcast from Dave and UTR media. As someone who has donated to several Kickstarter campaigns, it is interesting to hear how the money is spent to try and complete a project and you get to see why so many end up taking longer than the artist originally thought
Music for your ears!
Another great podcast by UTR Media! Thankful for the music that they introduce me to. Always a new discovery with every episode. I find it interesting learning about how a album is made!
Always Building the Anticipation
This podcast is a documentary of the process of creating a Rich Mullins tribute album on a meager budget. At first glance, that might seem rather uninteresting, especially if you have never heard of Rich Mullins. But if you enjoy the other media from UTR Media, or even just a good story, you’re in the right place.
I personally have never understood who Rich Mullins was until listening to this podcast, and whereas I began listening half-heartedly I now am eager with anticipation for this album to come out. Well done telling the story, Dave!
P.S. I absolutely love “Robot A.P.!!”