Erik is joined on this episode by Trae Vassallo (@trae) of Defy and Lee Edwards (@terronk) of Root Ventures.
They talk about:
- How their backgrounds and unique experiences have informed their perspectives on investing
- Whether venture capital should go back to funding technical risk
- Their advice for funds and how Trae has seen investing strategies come and go over time
- Why there are big opportunities in areas VCs don’t know much about, like logistics, warehousing, or agriculture
- Why Trae doesn’t differentiate between consumer and enterprise businesses
- Their requests for startups in the space
Thanks for listening — if you like what you hear, please review us on your favorite podcast platform.
Check us out on the web at villageglobal.vc or get in touch with us on Twitter @villageglobal.
Venture Stories is brought to you by Village Global, is hosted by co-founder and partner, Erik Torenberg and is produced by Brett Bolkowy.