How much does a language constitute one’s identity? Are you a different person when you speak a different language, or even a different dialect? If you speak multiple languages and dialects, which one is really you?
In this episode I talk to Katie Resch, a PhD student at the University of Vienna. We talk about being bilingual, identifying with “Austrianness”, and the question of feeling and sounding fake when speaking in different dialects.
Episode transcript: https://yellowoftheegg.com/transcripts/s2e7-language-dialect-and-identity-transcript/
Guest: Katie Resch
Outro music by Euphoniques. This episode the song is "Where Are You Now".
Yellow of the Egg is hosted and produced by Luke Green.
Links and socials:
- Web: yellowoftheegg.com
- Instagram: @yotepodcast (https://www.instagram.com/yotepodcast)
- Facebook: @yellowoftheegg (https://www.facebook.com/yellowoftheegg)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Patreon: patreon.com/yellowoftheegg
- YOTE theme music by Vincent Tone (PremiumBeat.com)