Security camera video contradicts the official story of CA deputies who killed an unarmed man for jaywalking, while security camera video contradicts the official story of NV police who killed an unarmed man for running away. An OH police officer is indicted for soliciting kiddie porn, while a WA state patrol employee is indicted for attempting to rape a child. Plus another dozen+ stories of criminal justice f*ckery!
*THANK YOU* to this week’s Show Note Sponsors (Anon, Trey Benfield, Ian Booth, Mary Jo Gustafson, Colleen Mahaney, Neil Richmond, Ari Rutenberg, Michael Teal) and our #Law140 Lovers (Lindsey Bowser, Erica Phillips, Helen Poston, and Joe Sevits)!
* ARIZONA: Phoenix PD cops caught on bodycam confirming protest arrests were politically motivated (Washington Post)
* ARIZONA: Phoenix PD also discovered to have created “challenge coin” celebrating lawful protestor shot in the groin (KNXV 15)
* CALIFORNIA: LAPD opens investigation into cops sharing a meme mocking the killing of George Floyd (NY Times)
* CALIFORNIA: Orange County Sheriff’s Department deputies Eduardo Duran and Jonathan Israel summarily execute unarmed homeless black man Kurt Reinhold for the heinous crime of jaywalking (Los Angeles Times)
* FLORIDA: After warnings of right-wing political violence, FBI arrests a leftist for social media posts (Washington Post)
* LOUISIANA: Cell phone video shows an unidentified Baton Rouge PD officer brutally choking out an unarmed 13-year-old black boy (Atlanta Journal-Constitution)
* LOUISIANA: New Orleans DA waiving objections to new trial requests for those convicted by non-unanimous juries (New Orleans Advocate)
* NEVADA: New security footage exposes Las Vegas Metro Police lied about their extrajudicial summary execution of unarmed 25-year-old Jorge Gomez (KLAS 8)
* Watch the video yourself (Twitter)
* NEW YORK: No charges for Buffalo PD cops on camera shoving unarmed 75-year-old Martin Gugino to the ground and cracking his skull (New York Times)
* NEW YORK: Career NYPD cop Thomas Webster charged for assaulting a police officer with a flag pole at the 1/6 MAGA Insurrection (NY Times)
* NEW YORK: SDNY federal prosecutors withhold evidence, lie, get found out (Associated Press)
* NORTH CAROLINA: Fuquay Varina cops handcuff an unarmed black 14-year-old for “stealing” a bike the teen bought (Indy Week)
* NORTH CAROLINA: a href="https://statesville.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/city-of-mooresville-moor...