Anu Verma interviews Silenced By Stigma Michael who was molested by his female babysitter when he was just 10 years old and he was then sexually abused for a year by an adult female neighbour. That abuse resulted in pregnancy with unknown paternity, a HIV scare, and profound emotional damage that was dismissed by his carers. He had also grown up in an abusive household and violent mother.
During his adulthood, Michael became highly suicidal, he began drinking, using drugs and partaking in sexually compulsive behaviour and after 29 years of alcohol and drug abuse, Michael got sober in 2017 and has remained so.
Male survivors typically do not disclose their histories of sexual abuse for 20 to 25 years and they often grapple with self-blame because they may fear they were complicit in their victimization.
After speaking with countless attorneys, in the hope of bringing his abuser to justice, their collective replies have made it clear that he committed the egregious error of being raped by a woman who wasn’t wealthy and also that he should have been 13 and not 14 years old at the time. They also stated that the sex was consensual.
Through therapy he’s discovered the toll that all of this abuse has taken on his mental and physical health, as well as his personal relationships and professional life. He’s now focusing his efforts to shine a light on the connection between abuse and addiction, and the often ignored issue of female sexual offenders.
Thanks For Listening!
Follow us on:
- Website: https://victim2victor.net/
- FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/victim2victor
- INSTAGRAM: https://www.instagram.com/victim_2_victor_podcast/
- TWITTER: https://twitter.com/V2V_healing
- Victim 2 Victor Audio Book Audible: https://adbl.co/3akVNCu
- Victim 2 Victor Book on Amazon: https://amzn.to/34MQQyu
- Apple Podcast: https://apple.co/3wHvUof
- Spotify: https://spoti.fi/36D6ZYE