Welcome to the Silicon Valley Startup Podcast, hosted by us here at Founders Floor - an immersive coworking accelerator that mentors and backs startups right here in San Jose. On every episode, we have new investors and founders sharing their wisdom on how to create that truly successful startup company. Our main rule on this podcast is to tell it like it is so that you can use the candid advice we share to help grow your own company.
Workshop Series | Bill Reichert, Garage Technology Venture (Part 2)
This episode is Part 2 of a Workshop with well-known Silicon Valley investor, Bill Reichert. Bill illustrates exactly how entrepreneurs can be the three ‘c’s to impress investors - clear, compelling and credible. He also covers a really important part of investor discussions - the lies, or white lies, a founder should never tell to an investor!
Workshop Series | Bill Reichert, Garage Technology Venture (Part 1)
In this episode, well-known Silicon Valley investor, Bill Reichert runs a startup workshop for founders. Bill is the Managing Director of Garage Technology Ventures, which he co-founded with early Apple employees, Guy Kawasaki.
This is Part 1 of a 2-part workshop, where Bill teaches entrepreneurs how to ‘wow’ investors. In his signature unorthodox fashion, he covers what he thinks about storytelling, templates for pitches and reports, and how to reach an investor’s heart.
Investor Series | Andrew Filev, Wrike (Part 2)
In Part 2 of this 2-part episode, we talk to Andrew Filev, the founder and CEO of Wrike, a cloud-based work management platform and one of the fastest growing companies in North America.
- How the company behaved differently post-funding rounds
- Pitfalls founders should look out for after they raise a funding round
- How he approaches attracting and retaining quality employees
- The future of collaborative work management with increasing numbers of remote workers
entrepreneurs, entrepreneurship, investors, news, startup, startups, tech
In Part 1 of this 2-part episode, we talk to Andrew Filev, the founder and CEO of Wrike, a cloud-based work management platform and one of the fastest growing companies in North America according to Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500 List in 2017.
- The reason for Wrike’s growth
- The immigration path from Russia to Silicon Valley
- How he came up with the idea for Wrike
- How and why he decided to bootstrap the company and how successful that was.
Among many others.
Investor Series | Nick Triantos, Ignition Partners & Jim Connor, Sand Hill Angels
In this episode, we talk to Silicon Valley investors, Jim Connor, currently with Sand Hill Angels and Nick Triantos, an investor at Ignition Partners, with 20 years experience in the industry, from being a successful technical founder right through to his current role as an investor.
Our investors discuss:
- The characteristics that make a successful entrepreneur
- What’s involved in the sometimes harsh but rewarding reality of being a startup founder
- The best way to reach out to investors
Investor Series | Santi Subotovsky, Emergence Capital (Part 2)
This is part 2 of our 2 part episode with Santi Subtovksky, investor at Emergence Capital. Santi has recently experienced a lot of success as one of the early investors in Zoom.
- Critical metrics
- Going from seed to Series A
- The ideal CEO profile
- Future trends for B2B and SaaS startups
- The factors that make startups stand out
- Thoughts on how startups can approach valuation
- Patterns with pricing models
If you like what you hear, please rate, review and subscribe!
Customer ReviewsSee All
My go-to for startup news
Great for covering everything off in a short amount of time. Especially like the startup thought pieces
This is interesting and informative helps keep me up to date