Welcome to the Serve No Master Podcast! This podcast is aimed at helping you find ways to create new revenue streams or make money online without dealing with an underpaid or underappreciated job. Our host is best-selling author, Jonathan Green.
Our guest today is Lindy Nowak, the Founder of “Up in a Day”, a website that allows people to build websites in one day. After working for several years in the world of fashion and branding, Lindy knew it was time to set up her business, and she identified the difficulty businesses had with creating an online presence. This inspired her business model; to make it very easy and enjoyable for clients to get a great website that they deserve, in a short time, with each site branded particularly to each client.
In this episode, Lindy discusses several aspects involved in creating websites for businesses, as well as key points from her journey, addressing common problems that entrepreneurs in the creative space are likely to encounter.
[[01:01] Meet today's guest, Lindy Nowak. [01:30] Lindy's decision to start her agency, Up in a Day. [04:35] How do you find the balance between fast delivery and creating a unique experience for each customer? [08:30] Lindy's process to find ideal customers.[11:16] Identifying the wrong clients. [13:45] Dealing with "Scope Creep"; communicating efficiently and knowing the value of your work. [19:07] How do you handle bad ideas suggested by clients? [24:40] Common website mistakes of small business owners. [29:00] Branded vs Ubiquitous websites. [30:50] How do you deal with Paralysis Analysis? [34:23] Connect with Lindy.
- “"What do I love doing, what am I really good at, and what value from that can I provide to the market?" - [Lindy Nowak]
- "The number one thing for Up in a Day is to vet the clients" - [Lindy Nowak]
- "Know the value and quality of your work, and what it costs; it's a time cost" - [Lindy Nowak]
- "We have to assume that 90% of the people coming to us as creatives are not creative, so they don't understand what happens behind closed doors on our side" - [Lindy Nowak]
- "You want your audience to do one thing, what is it that you want them to do?" - [Lindy Nowak]
Connect with Lindy Nowak
Lindy’s Website: www.upinaday.co [34:36]Lindy’s Work Portfolio: www.upinaday.co/our-work [34:40]
Connect with Jonathan Green
Jonathan’s book: Serve No MasterPodcast Website: https://servenomaster.com/podcast/ Subscribe, Rate, and leave a review!Connect with Jonathan Green
The Bestseller: Serve No Master Free Book on Amazon: Fire Your Boss Podcast Website: https://servenomaster.com/podcast/ Subscribe, Rate, and Review: https://servenomaster.com/itunes Video Episodes: https://www.youtube.com/@ServeNoMasterPodcast