In today’s episode, I take a look at Thomas Sowell’s intellectual career from a slightly unusual perspective and I do that by comparing Sowell with two other public intellectuals of his generation: Alan Dershowitz and Woody Allen.
In my view, Sowell, Dershowitz and Allen have 10 major things in common, and you'll just have to listen to the podcast to find out what they are.
Here's a LINK to the spreadsheet I mention in the episode which compares all the published works of Sowell, Dershowitz and Allen.
Here's a LINK to the chapter of "Intellectuals and Society" called "Youth and Age."
Here are some useful links to deepen your appreciation of the episode:
• You can find the digital designs of the official Thomas Sowell Post It Note quotes HERE.
• Podcast Patreon HERE. Your financial support is greatly appreciated!
• Podcast statistics HERE.
• Thomas Sowell video truck ad campaign video HERE.
• Thomas Sowell sidewalk decal ad campaign HERE.
THERE ARE 3 WAYS TO SUPPORT THE SHOW:
1) Rate and review the podcast on Apple Podcasts. This helps a lot by nudging the show to the top of Google searches.
2) Purchase our Thomas Sowell Post It Note pads: You can find all 100 digital images of the post it notes HERE, feel free to download them and use them however you like.
To purchase pads of printed post it notes, please Paypal $4/pad to firstname.lastname@example.org or Venmo to @Alan-Wolan. Please put your mailing address as well as your email address in the notes of the payment. International orders will cost more, please ask.
NEW: We have two editions of the quotes available:
Edition #2: Quotes 1 - 50.
Edition #3: Quotes 51 - 100
When you order, if you don't specify, we will send you half your order Edition #2 and the other half Edition #3.
3) Support the show financially by subscribing with a monthly contribution on Patreon, link HERE.
You can email Alan at: WolanAlan@gmail.com
There are only so many hours in the day and that fact that you spend some of your precious time listening to my podcast is something I will never take for granted and will always appreciate.