Jill Dasher is the author of the brand new book SHALLOW, drowning in the shallow end of people’s approval. She is a blogger and Christian speaker who is passionate about sharing the freedom that exists when you refuse to live in hiding & freely submit all of your fears, flaws, & failures to the God who made you. She resides in the mountains of NC with her husband and five children.
Questions we discuss during our chat with Jill:
1. Why did you write the book "Shallow" & how do you hope it impacts those that read it?
2. Do you have a favorite chapter?
3. There is a good bit about your marriage in this book as well, you spoke about hitting a wall in your marriage. Could you discuss that a little bit and maybe give some advice to any listeners who may feel as though they have hit a wall as well?
4. In the chapter titled Shallow Image you discuss self-confidence vs biblical confidence. Why are we obsessed with self-confidence?
5. You end the book by inviting the reader into the deep. Inviting them to the throne room of the king & asking him to shed light into our hiding places. What advice would you give someone who wants desperately to come out of hiding, but is afraid? Scripture reference-Revelation 3:20
Favorite quote by Jill: "Sometimes God fights for us by showing us the error in our own hearts!"- Jill Dasher
Visit her website here. Buy her book here.
Our sponsor this month is Lost Dog Coffee. Everyday at Lost Dog is special, whether solo, with family or friends, inside or out, there's always a lil magic at the Dog. Not to mention they have the best espresso in Mississippi, organic teas, baked goods, deli sandwiches all in the quaint little town of Taylor in the Plein Air neighborhood right outside of Oxford. Stop in for a coffee break, some study time, or an afternoon catch up with a friend! There is always a smiling face to greet you! Find them on Facebook or Instagram