DKROM is a Chicago based Sportswriter & sportscaster with a near encyclopedic knowledge of all things NFL. We here at Sports Krunch with DKrom enforce our “No Spin” policy 24/7/365, and do our absolute best to help all of you football fans cut through the spin and get to the truth. Sports Krunch will cover all the important stories you may have missed in the NFL universe. Sports Krunch will regularly have very influential and knowledgeable guests. So be on the lookout for the next episode and be sure to subscribe!
#418: 2023 Week 4 NFL Preview (with Hal Bent)
1. Biggest Takeaways From Week 3
-DKrom: Cowboys defense just isn’t the same without Tre’Von Diggs
-Hal: D'Andre Swift emerges as the Eagles top back, helping Eagles win ugly
2. Weekly Honors
-GOAT Of The Week (DKrom: C.J. Stroud, Hal: Dolphins OL)
-Dunce Of The Week (DKrom: George Paton, Hal: Josh McDaniels)
3. Buy or Sell (As Division Title Contenders)
4. Assessment Of 0-3 Teams
-Best 0-3 team: Vikings
-Worst 0-3 team: Bears
-Team most likely to get the #1 pick in the 2024 draft: Broncos
-Best unit (offense, defense or ST) of these four teams combined: Panthers defense
-Worst unit (offense, defense or ST) of these four teams combined: Bears defense
-Over or Under 5 wins by season’s end: Bears (under), Broncos (under), Panthers (over), Vikings (over)
5. Truth or Exaggeration
-Jonathan Gannon will NOT be the one-and-done head coach as some analysts predicted he’d be before the season
-Eagles DT Jalen Carter is the early frontrunner for 2023 DROY
-The Saints will be getting an UPGRADE at QB with Jameis Winston as Derek Carr recovers from his shoulder sprain
-The Broncos MUST trade Pat Surtain II if they can get 2024 first and second-round picks for him
-Josh McDaniels will be fired as Raiders head coach barring dramatic improvement from the team over these next 15 weeks
-As good as the Steelers may still be collectively, Kenny Pickett is NOT the long-term solution for them at QB
-Matt Eberflus has the hottest seat of any head coach not named Brandon Staley
-Sean McDermott is an upgrade over Leslie Frazier as defensive play-caller for the Bills
6. Dolphins at Bills Preview
-Which players have been the most pivotal to the Bills early-season success on defense without Von Miller?
-Is Devon Achane the new X factor for the Dolphins offense?
-Game-deciding matchups: Tyreek Hill/Jaylen Waddle vs. Micah Hyde/Jordan Poyer, Josh Allen vs. Bradley Chubb (in the run game and pass game)
7. Week 4 Picks
-Locks (DKrom: Chiefs over Jets, Hal: Eagles over Commanders)
-Upset Specials (DKrom: Patriots over Cowboys, Hal: Jets over Chiefs)
-Lions at Packers
-Falcons at Jaguars
-Bucs at Saints
-Vikings at Panthers
-Broncos at Bears
-Rams at Colts
-Steelers at Texans
-Bengals at Titans
-Ravens at Browns
-Raiders at Chargers
-Cardinals at 49ers
-Seahawks at Giants
8. Bold Predictions
-DKrom: Justin Fields has 500 total yards (250 yards passing, 250 yards rushing) and 7 total TD (4 pass, 3 run) as Bears defeat Broncos 52-35
-Hal: Chiefs hold Jets to less than 100 yards of total offense, but upset the Chiefs 21-20 with TWO pick-sixes and a punt return TD
9. Challenge Flags
-Hal: All teams that are 1-2...get that second win!!!!!
-DKrom: Eagles and 49ers...do NOT play down to your competition
#417: 2023 Week 3 NFL Preview (with Hal Bent)
1. Biggest Takeaways From Week 2
-DKrom: Teams that massively disappointed in Week 1 bounced back
-Hal: Brandon Staley's time is up
2. Weekly Honors
-GOAT Of The Week (DKrom: Geno Smith, Hal: Steve Spagnuolo)
-Dunce Of The Week (DKrom: Luke Getsy, Hal: Josh McDaniels)
3. Two of the NFL's most controversial rules rose to the surface in Week 2. First, we were reminded of the infamous touchback rule as Justin Jefferson fumbled the ball into the end zone from the goal line, giving the Eagles possession at their own 20. Second, we saw the "tush push" back in full force...and it wasn't just the Eagles. Their divisional rival Giants ran that play on a 4th-and-1 in the fourth quarter and as usual, the defense was put at a significant disadvantage. Should the NFL abolish both the “tush push” and the touchback rule next year?
4. Panic or Patience (0-2 teams)
5. Super Bowl Contender or Super Bowl Pretender
6. Truth or Exaggeration
-The Browns trade and sign for Deshaun Watson will go down as THE worst move in NFL history unless he gets back to the level he played at earlier in his career
-Whoever loses the game between the Bears and the Broncos in Week 4 will end up with the first overall pick in the 2024 NFL Draft
-Since Chris Jones is unlikely to get a second franchise tag, 2023 will be his final season in Kansas City
-Rams WR Puka Nacua will be a serious candidate for 2023 Offensive ROY
-The significant injuries and subsequent lengthy absences of Lions DE James Houston and DB C.J. Gardner-Johnson significantly diminish Detroit's chances of winning the NFC North
-Barring dramatic improvement from Zach Wilson, the Jets should trade for Saints QB Jameis Winston
-Micah Parsons is now the best defensive player in the NFL
-If the offensive inconsistencies continue in Jacksonville, Doug Pederson should take back the play-calling duties from OC Press Taylor
7. Week 3 Picks
-Locks (DKrom: Dolphins over Broncos, Hal: Cowboys over Cardinals)
-Upset Specials (DKrom: Bucs over Eagles, Hal: Giants over 49ers)
-Bills at Commanders
-Patriots at Jets
-Chargers at Vikings
-Falcons at Lions
-Saints at Packers
-Colts at Ravens
-Titans at Browns
-Texans at Jaguars
-Panthers at Seahawks
-Bears at Chiefs
-Steelers at Raiders
-Rams at Bengals
8. Bold Predictions
-DKrom: Dolphins lay a 50-burger on the Broncos. They score 56 points including three TD passes from Tua to former Bronco River Cracraft, and a strip-sack/fumble-six by former Bronco Bradley Chubb
-Hal: Giants RB Matt Breida rushes for 2 TD, catches 2 more (including the game winner on the final drive) against his former team
9. Challenge Flags
-Hal: Vikings HC Kevin O'Connell...RUN THE BALL and get that first W!!!
-DKrom: Chargers...win this weekend or kiss your 2023 playoff hopes goodbye
#416: 2023 Week 2 NFL Preview (with Hal Bent)
1. Biggest Takeaways From Week 1
-DKrom: 49ers show why they're my pick to represent NFC in Super Bowl LVIII with DOMINANT showing in Pittsburgh
-Hal: Tua Tagovailoa looked like a man on a mission against the Chargers
2. Weekly Honors
-GOAT Of The Week (DKrom: Jim Schwartz, Hal: Jordan Love)
-Dunce Of The Week (DKrom: The MetLife Stadium Turf, Hal: Buffalo Bills)
3. Do you think Aaron Rodgers has played the final snap of his NFL career?
4. Buy Or Sell: Playoff Contenders
5. Truth or Exaggeration
-The Cowboys defense is better than the Eagles offense...and that's why the Cowboys will win the NFC East
-Josh Allen SORELY misses Brian Daboll
-DeMeco Ryans' Texans defense will be a top-10 unit in many (if not most) major statistical categories this season
-2023 will be Kirk Cousins' final season as a Minnesota Viking
-Brandon Staley will be fired as Chargers head coach after the season barring significant improvement on defense
-The Falcons will have the NFL’s highest-ranked rushing attack…and the NFL’s lowest-ranked passing attack
-Barring a sizable step forward by Justin Fields this season, the Bears will select a QB with one of the top-two picks in the 2024 NFL Draft
-The Chiefs should trade for Bucs WR Mike Evans
6. Chiefs at Jaguars Preview
7. Rest of Week 2 Picks
-Locks (DKrom: Eagles over Vikings, Hal: Bills over Raiders)
-Upset Specials (DKrom: Patriots over Dolphins, Hal: Vikings over Eagles)
-Bears at Bucs
-Packers at Falcons
-Seahawks at Lions
-Colts at Texans
-Chargers at Titans
-Ravens at Bengals
-Giants at Cardinals
-49ers at Rams
-Commanders at Broncos
-Saints at Panthers
-Browns at Steelers
-Jets at Cowboys
8. Bold Predictions
-DKrom: Chris Jones has 3 TFL, 1 pass deflection, and 3 sacks, including a strip/sack fumble recovery to clinch the game late in the fourth quarter!!!
-Hal: Kirk Cousins 3 TD passes to T.J. Hockenson in upset win over the Eagles
9. Challenge Flags
-Hal: Jets...turn your love for Aaron Rodgers into love for Zach Wilson and BELIEVE IN HIM!!
-DKrom: Josh Allen, do better protecting the ball…and yourself
#415: 2023 Week 1 NFL Preview (with Hal Bent)
1. If you're Chiefs GM Brett Veach, what is the best thing for you to do right now other than caving to Chris Jones' demands?
2. In the event that Jonathan Taylor is healthy and ready to play after Week 4, which of the following is the most likely to happen: Taylor plays for the Colts, Taylor gets traded, or Taylor stays in Indy, yet refuses to play?
3. Which three players stood out the most to you in preseason play?
-DKrom: Jordan Love, Sam Howell, Kenny Pickett
-Hal: Michael Wilson, Rashee Rice, Luke Musgrave
4. Truth or Exaggeration
-Caleb Williams will NOT declare for the 2024 NFL Draft if the Cardinals end up with the first overall pick
-The Steelers will be a serious contender to win the AFC North this season
-The Seahawks are the NFC's sleeper Super Bowl team
-The Jaguars will emerge as the biggest threat to the Chiefs for the AFC crown
-C.J. Stroud will have the best rookie season of the three QB's selected in the first round of the 2023 NFL Draft
-Chase Young will be the 2023 NFL Comeback Player of the Year
-Lions OC Ben Johnson will be a head coach in 2024
5. Lions at Chiefs Preview
6. Bengals at Browns Preview
7. Bills at Jets Preview
8. Rest of Week 1 Picks
-Locks (DKrom: Commanders over Cardinals, Hal: Ravens over Texans)
-Upset Specials (DKrom: Titans over Saints, Hal: Cardinals over Commanders)
-Bucs at Vikings
-Panthers at Falcons
-49ers at Steelers
-Jaguars at Colts
-Packers at Bears
-Dolphins at Chargers
-Raiders at Broncos
-Eagles at Patriots
-Rams at Seahawks
-Cowboys at Giants
9. Bold Predictions
-DKrom: DeAndre Hopkins ends up with 3 receptions, 150 yards, and 3 TD
-Hal: Sam Howell throws three INT's leading to the Cardinals first of only two wins in 2023
10. Challenge Flags
-Hal: Aaron Rodgers...get hot EARLY
-DKrom: Kenny Pickett, Sam Howell and Jordan Love...just be point guards and you'll be fine
#414: BEYOND THE CHAPS with the 2023 Denver Broncos Cheerleaders (Part IV: Mary Kate)
1. After not making the final cut for a second straight year in 2022, just how much doubt did you have about this dream ever coming true? How were you able to overcome that mental hurdle?
2. What was your experience as a Dallas Stars Ice Girl like? What in your mind, aside from the ice, distinguishes the atmosphere at an NHL game from those of the other three major sports leagues in North America?
3. Even though you weren't a DBC the previous two seasons, you were still on the field on game days as a member of the Broncos Orange Rush Flag Crew. Did that experience help at all in your quest to wear the chaps, and if so, how?
4. Other than Colorado, what would you say was the best place you've ever lived? What would you say was the best place you've ever traveled?
5. Do you view your job of being a social studies and history teacher as an extra important task given the times we are living in right now?
6. What has been the most memorable experience you've had as a DBC thus far? Has it officially sunk in that your dream has finally come true?
7. How hopeful are you about the Broncos this season and going forward with Sean Payton now in charge?
8. Best Songs For DBC Routines
-Classic Rock: Thunderstruck (AC/DC)
-Country: Cowboy Casanova or Good Girl (Carrie Underwood)
-90's Pop: Supernova Girl (Kristian Rex(
-Taylor Swift: Shake It Off
9. If Pom-Poms Were A ?
-If pom-poms were a musical instrument, what would they be? Maracas
-If pom-poms were a household appliance, what would they be? Washing machine
-If pom-poms were a vehicle, what would they be? Volkswagen Beetle Slug Bug (early 2000's)
-If pom-poms were a super power, what would they do? The power to make anybody feel cheerful and happy at any time
10. Use one word to describe the following teammates of yours (and friends of the pod):
-Sophia F: Joyful
#413: Latest NFL News & Notes + Week 1 Preseason Recap (with Hal Bent)
1. Do you see Ezekiel Elliott's role in New England as essentially a short-yardage/goal line back and nothing more?
2. Do you see Breece Hall and Dalvin Cook splitting carries 50/50 all season long?
3. Would it be wise to make a bet at this very moment on the Jets to lead the NFL in sacks this season?
4. Despite the WILD roller coaster ride Anthony Richardson has been in both camp and preseason play...and will likely be all season long...the Colts had no other choice but to name him their Week 1 starting QB, did they?
5. Taking Jimmy Garoppolo's injury history into account, should the Raiders be giving Aidan O'Connell reps with the first-string offense in practice starting now?
6. Do you think the Bears have the ingredients in place for Justin Fields to have a Josh Allen/Jalen Hurts-level breakout season?
7. If the Broncos OL doesn't show substantial improvement these next few weeks, do you think Russell Wilson gets benched due to injury (or poor performance) by Week 5, if not sooner?
8. Standout performers from Preseason Week 1
-DKrom: Jordan Love, Keeanu Benton
-Hal: Deuce Vaughn, Malik Cunningham
9. What are the main things you're looking for in this week's preseason games?
More Fantasy Football podcasts
Great podcast with Dave Richard from CBS FFT. More episodes like this would be great
Informative, interesting and insightful.
After listening I cannot wait for football season to begin! This guy sure knows his stuff.
All the NFL knowledge you need is here
This podcast is great and keeps all NFL lovers and Fantasy players in the know. Great recap of the draft. Look forward to listening to more episodes.