#036 Dan shares that he has repeatedly made failed attempts at getting schools around him to make personal finance classes a requirement for graduation and explains the reasons. The first reason is that the public school system is severely underfunded across the country, and making changes to the curriculum would require money. Secondly, most politicians focus on the data that is available on student performance which does not include personal finance; hence it is relegated to the background. Additionally, the older generations who now make most decisions in places of authority believe they turned out successful even if they didn't have financial education growing up, and so do not see it as a necessity. Lastly, the decision-makers in most learning institutions also foresee that adding personal financial classes to the curriculum would eventually increase the amount of work on their plate, while they are already overworked this would be detrimental to them.
For complete show notes go to RaisingFinancialFreedom.com
- "It is a huge disservice to our youths that we don't have more personal finance education in schools"
- "We are a financially illiterate country"
- "If we were a financially literate county we would be in a much better place"
- "Reaching Financial Independence in your 40s, 30s or even 20s is absolutely doable with the right strategies, tactics, and mindset"
In This Episode:
· [02:46] Meet today's guest, Dan Sheeks.
· [03:22] Why do you think school systems don't have in-depth classes on personal finance?
· [07:08] What would the world look like if the regular child was given personal finance classes?
· [09:02] Why did you choose Real Estate?
· [10:05] How can parents teach their children about Real Estate?
· [10:42] Discussing Passive Income in Real Estate.
· [11:52] House Hacking and the "BRRRR" Method.
· [17:16] How can a parent pull the veil away from Real Estate?
· [20:27] The "Sheeks Freak Group".
· [24:10] What are the hidden pitfalls in Real Estate that prevent young adults from succeeding?
· [27:10] What is the best piece of advice you can give a parent to get their child involved in Real Estate?
· [27:15] How to contact Dan
Dan’s Website: www.sheeksfreaks.com Check out our website: https://raisingfinancialfreedom.com/Like us on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/RaisingFinancialFreedom Like us on Twitter: https://twitter.com/RF_Freed