Become an excellent speaking communicator with your audience, clients, colleagues and prospects. Full of invaluable content, this show deals with everything about speaking, and includes interviews with successful entrepreneurs who share their top tips as well as masterclasses from speaker expert Susan Heaton-Wright.
Be a great technical speaker with Bob Ferguson
Bob Ferguson is an Engineer by profession who now supports technical experts to make a positive impact when they present and pitch.
We discuss how technical experts NEED to be heard. And Bob shares some top tips to being more impactful when discussing technical topics. Here are three highlights.
1. Try not to rely on powerpoint slides and specifically slides full of information. You will overwhelm your audience.
2. Learn to summarise key points for the audience. This will generate interest - and possibly questions at the end.
3. Technical experts have the ability to influence decisions and thoughts; share your information!
Read the transcript here
you can contact Bob at firstname.lastname@example.org His website is www.bobferguson.co.uk His book is available here.
Here at SuperStar Communicator we support individuals and teams to present the very best version of themselves in all business conversations. We deliver:
Workshops Masterclasses Speeches Lunch and Learn Virtual Workshops ONline courses Why not book a call here
You can grab your copy of our Ten Top Tips to being a SuperStar Communicator here.
Managing your emotions when your buttons are pressed
In 2022, there was an incident at the Oscars where Will Smith hit the compere Chris Rock, when Rock made a derogatory comment about Smith's wife. This was shocking to see.
I am joined by international executive coach, Carol Stewart
We discuss why this incident was so shocking and what we can learn from this as leaders. Some key points include:
1. Why both men were at fault in this incident.
2. How a pause and a verbal response would be far more effective
3. How as leaders we should be aware of what we say; the impact this has on others and how we say it to our teams
Here is the transcription of the interview
More information about Carol and how to work with her here.
Our Host, Susan Heaton-Wright is the founder of SuperStar Communicator
She is an international Speaker; has empowered clients worldwide to speak and communicate in all business conversations with impact, clarity, confidence and credibility. She is also a brilliant podcast guest; if you would like her to appear on your podcast contact us here.
SuperStar Communicator is a leading organisation empowering everyone to make more impact in all business conversations. We offer:
Workshops Masterclasses Speeches Coaching virtual workshops For all businesses worldwide. Why not contact us to arrange a call to discuss how we can ensure your team are all SuperStar Communicators here
Grab your copy of 10 Top Tips to being a Superstar Communicator here.
Celebrating International Men's Day
international men's day is on 19th November. Not only should we celebrate the men in our lives we should also support them. I am joined by Dave Algeo who supports men with their health and mental health. We discuss a number of topics including how we can reach out to men who might find it difficult to discuss their feelings. This is full of content but some key points are:
1. Men will often use humour or alcohol to hide their feelings
2. Remembering to 'nudge' regularly to remind men they need to look after themselves
3. Those short text messages or voice mail messages make all the difference to a man who is isolated or depressed.
Here is the transcription.
You can contact Dave directly:
Podcast - https://www.midlifereshape.com/podcast
Linkedin - https://uk.linkedin.com/in/davidalgeo
Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/restlessmidlifer
Fb - https://www.facebook.com/therestlessmidlifer
Twitter - @stressedguru
Do you want to grab your Ten Top Tips to being a SuperStar Communicator? Grab it here.
Here is our website
We deliver workshops, speeches, masterclasses, speaker coaching and virtual workshops. Do you want to discuss us working with you? book a call here.
Recognising others emotions from non-verbal cues
We are joined by Dr Paddy Ross, Associate director of psychology at Durham University. Paddy has done a lot of work on how children learn to read emotions. He highlights the fact that before a certain age, sound is more important than non-verbal cues.
We don't exclusively communicate with what we say but how we say it - and hand gestures, facial expressions and body language play a big role in this. Some highlights include:
1. Wearing a mask (during covid) or not makes little difference in reading emotions because we use our eyes, gestures and body language more.
2. The body is a significant driver for conveying emotions
3. What we don't consider much is what our bodies are doing when we are speaking and communicating. Our body conveys so much emotion.
Download the transcription here:
Do you want to work with SuperStar Communicator?
We organise a range of communication learning: workshops, masterclasses, speeches, online courses, virtual learning.
Included in the work we do is focus on non-verbal communication ensure you make an impact when you speak.
Here is our website:
Grab our 10 top tips to being a SuperStar Communicator HERE
Do you want to book a call to book Susan to speak or our team to deliver workshops or coaching. Book a call here.
Speaking and Engaging with International Clients
Do you wish to engage and make more impact with international clients? In this podcast episode Susan Heaton-Wright shares top tips and case studies to ensure you have invaluable engagement with your clients; whether they speak English as their first language or not. She uses examples of working with clients in North America, the Middle East and Myanmar.
* Modifying the way you speak and the language you use to ensure everyone understands you.
* Read the room; be aware of what is going on in the room, and modify what you do accordingly.
* Never assume that because your clients speak some English, they will understand you.
* Be aware of cultural differences. Are there specific topics you you should avoid to prevent your clients being offended.
* Use of examples. Check that the clients will understand the examples you give.
* Allow your clients to look at your slides to check the words and examples are clear to them.
Download the transcription here.
Do you want to work with SuperStar Communicator? We offer a range of workshops, masterclasses, individual coaching and online courses on all areas of communication in business. Here is our website
Why not book a call to discuss how we could assist you and your business here.
Why not grab our Ten Top Tips to being a SuperStar Communicator HERE
Lessons to lean into your influence with Joel Green
Joel Green is the CEO of pro level training, the National Director of Nike sports camps, a former professional basketball player, and renowned motivational speaker. He endured significant trauma as a child, and experienced unacceptable racism, yet went on to have a successful basketball career and to alter his mindset and "Filter". This is such a powerful tool he developed, where he was able to focus on the good rather than continue to be impacted by the appalling acts he witnessed and experienced. Three of many highlights are:
1. Use dark moments to get aways from them even more.
2. Get help and support from others and talk. We all need a network of people who will support us.
3.The power of filtering: being your own therapist and self assessing to see what you need, and what you need to get rid of in your life.
And there are many, many gems.
Here is the transcription of the podcast
You can contact Joel at his website
His latest bookFiltering: The Way to Extract Strength from The Struggle is available here.
Here at SuperStar Communicator we love sharing excellent content to inspire you. Don't forget to subscribe.
Grab our Ten Top Tips to being a SuperStar Communicator here
Here is our Website
We deliver workshops, masterclasses and coaching in all areas of Spoken Communication to ensure you and your team speak with clarity, confidence, influence, credibility and impact. Susan is also an International Speaker for conferences and internal events.
Do you want to book a call to see how we can assist? Book here.
Susan and her guests always provide practical and applicable tips for speaking with more confidence and impact in any situation. Susans' vast experience on the topic always leads to valuable insights!
Congratulations on your 100th Episode
I love what you shared on about Managing Your Fear. How important it is to reframe our mindset. Thanks Susan