in this episode we hear a neonatologist’s perspective on healthcare from Susan Landers. Susan has been serving patients and their families for many years in Austin, Texas. A member of the baby Boomer generation, she is an author, speaker and physician.
Here are 3 things that stood out as Susan Landers shared a neonatologist’s perspective on healthcare on this episode of the Perspectives on Healthcare with Rob Oliver:
· Only 10% of births are premature in any way and not all premature babies get sick
· Babies born before 28 weeks gestation face more complications
· Every single medical procedure carries a certain amount of risk
· BONUS 1: We need to take care of our healthcare workers! (Mental health included.)
· BONUS 2: Medical professionals need to be able to talk about their negative feelings
You can learn more about Susan Landers through her website and social media links:
To connect with the show on social media use the links below:
We would love to hear from you. Visit the “Contact Us” form:
Look around the website for more Perspectives on Healthcare.
Disclaimer: All opinions expressed by guests on the Perspectives on Healthcare Podcast are solely the opinion of the guest. They are not to be misconstrued as medical diagnoses or medical advice. Please consult with a licensed medical professional before attempting any of the treatments suggested.