Join your host Lynn Sebourn to discuss grassroots conservative issues and actions. Show includes interviews with local Republican activists and topics such as running for office and effective political debate. Send your comments and questions to feedback@TalkGOP.com
8 Suggestions for Republicans in 2018
It's 2018 and that means it's time for a mid-term election. Typically, the party in power loses seats and polling shows that the House might be in Jeopardy for Republicans. Recent special elections and polling shows that Republicans are not doing well with younger voters. Democratic voters are highly motivated and pressing hard.
In this podcast episode I present 8 suggestions to Republicans to present a positive face to independent and younger voters for the good of the party. Just click above to listen.
* Renew Reagan's 11th Commandment
* Accept Reality
* Stop yelling at people on social media
* Reject class warfare and racial warfare
* Hold media AND leadership accountable
* Connect with young people
* Volunteer in your community
* Let go of the irrelevant past
Campaigning for Coroner: TalkGOP 34
What's it like to run for Coroner? That's the topic of this episode. My cousin, Andy Moore recently ran and won a race for Coroner against an incumbent in Butler County, Missouri.
We discuss what is like to run as a first time candidate and identified some lessons learned, including:
1. Some elected offices are a little unusual or less understood. Run on your merits and what you bring to the office.
2. Tell people you want the job.
3. Even for a small office campaign like you are running for a big office. (Campaign hard)
4. Some people (Democrats) will not vote for you no matter what.
5. Going door-to-door demonstrates your work ethic and commitment.
6. Think about how you present yourself.
7. Campaigning can be a family experience.
8. People want to know the person they are voting for.
9. Ask for help on how to file and run for your race.
10. Use past voter data! Don't waste your time with people who don't vote.
11. Form a budget of what you have to personally spend.
12. For a local race, have your friends share your posts on social media.
13. Even smaller elected offices give you access and influence in your community.
To listen to the episode, just click play above.
What Is A Republican? – TalkGOP33
What does it mean to be a Republican today?
* Is a Republican a follower of President Trump?
* Is a Republican anyone who votes against Democrats?
* Is a Republican defined by a certain set of beliefs?
In the current environment, there is a lot of disagreement about what makes one a Republican. This podcast episode won't end that discussion, but I present my thoughts on what a Republican is.
I argue that being a Republican is not just about following a leader. I believe a Republican is about upholding liberty and promoting prosperity through free markets and personal resposibility.
What type of Republican are you?
* An Establishment Republican?
* A Reagan Republican?
* A Trump Republican?
Is the GOP Anti-Science? – TalkGOP32
A few weeks ago the "March for Science" was held in Washington D.C. The purpose of the March was billed as an effort to stand up for science and protect science against ignorant politicians. So of course the March was basically an Anti-Trump Protest.
Marchers hurled a lot of insults against Republicans in general. This was a continuation from the Presidential campaign of attacking the right as being "anti-science." There have even been calls to arrest people who disagree with the consensus view on Global Warming.
In this episode I review the question: "Is the GOP Anti-Science?"
Or is this all just another exercise of the left portraying itself as the good guys and anyone on the right as "the bad guys?"
The ObamaCare Repeal Effort – TalkGOP31
In this episode I discuss the Republican efforts to repeal Obamacare. Topics include:
* The difference between health care and health insurance
* What is a Death Spiral anyway?
* Top Problems with Obamacare
* What are the improvements the new bill will make
* What's improvements are still missing.
To listen just click the play button above. Thanks for listening!
A New Beginning: TalkGOP Episode 30
It's the return of the TalkGOP Podcast! Due to a health crisis with my wife and a long commute to work, I had to suspend the podcast for a while. But,... my wife is better (doing great actually) and a new job has eliminated my lengthy commute.
In this podcast I give a brief overview of my thoughts about the election.
* Things to celebrate
* Positive aspects of the elections
* Negative aspects of the elections
* Challenges for conservatives going forward.
Customer ReviewsSee All
I’ve pretty much loved everything that I’ve listened to on this podcast. I would like to see some new material.
I love it
I really like this radio show
Poor quality episodes