Fans sharing entertaining news, honest reviews, the latest in movies, tv, trailers and more by talking through the medias.
The Queens Gambit Review
#TheQueensGambit #Netflix #Review
Set during the Cold War era, orphaned chess prodigy Beth Harmon struggles with addiction in a quest to become the greatest chess player in the world.
First episode date: October 23, 2020
Program creators: Scott Frank, Allan Scott
▶ Chris Fagan @chrisfagan1980
Fire Gina Carano Trending - Deadpool 3 - Charli D'Amelio - Ep 159
Sixteen-year-old Charli D'Amelio has become the first TikTok star to surpass 100 million followers. She has also struck sponsorship deals with brands including EOS cosmetics, starred in a Super Bowl advert for Sabra hummus, and agreed to be the face of Hollister alongside her sister. The range of deals earned the 16-year-old $4m (£3m) in the year from June 2019, according to Forbes. Sky News reported D'Amelio's hopes of reaching the 100 million milestone were dented from an episode of the family's series Dinner with the D'Amelios, fans accused her of being disrespectful towards the personal chef the D'Amelios had hired.She released a tearful video apologizing for her actions. Soon after, she announced she had reached the followers goal tweeting out “100 MILLION PEOPLE SUPPORTING ME!! I TRULY CANNOT BELIEVE THAT THIS IS REAL”.
As Disney continues to figure out what to do with Fox properties acquired in the merger, one of the biggest IPs, Deadpool, looks to be gaining momentum. Sources tell Deadline that Bob’s Burgers veterans Wendy Molyneux and Lizzie Molyneux-Loeglin will write Deadpool 3, with Ryan Reynolds set to reprise his role as the wise-cracking Marvel superhero. Sources say the film is still expected to be rated R like the previous two installments. The Molyneuxes, are sisters and writing partners, and executive producers of the long-running hit Bob’s Burgers on Fox, for which they won an Emmy in 2017.
From Comic Book Recourses The hashtag #FireGinaCarano started trending on social media after The Mandalorian star posted several controversial tweets. Gina Carano has been posting tweets that discourage mask-wearing and suggest potential voter fraud during the 2020 Presidential Election. The tweets did not sit well with some Mandalorian fans who ultimately started a petition for Disney+ to replace Carano as Cara Dune in the streaming service's flagship series, The Mandalorian. Back in September, the actress was under siege for posting an image of Nazi soldiers that fans viewed as racist. However, not every Mandalorian fan is behind the #FireGinaCarano movement. Others who support the actress have started a counter-hashtag, #StandWithGinaCarano with Carano posting on twitter “You can join me over @parler”
Ep. 158 Taylor Swift Fights To Own Master Copies Of Her Music
1. During last week's episode of Talking Through The Medias, The Country Music Association Awards aired without a few key performers who tested positive for COVID. CMA announced it would be moving forward with an in-person event at Nashville’s Music City Center. the CMA found itself in hot water after making a statement encouraging artists to remain apolitical amid the election. “It’s been a year, y’all. But for three hours this is a no-drama zone,” the group tweeted on November 4. Country journalists criticized the statement, including singer-songwriter Margo Price, who tweeted, “Once again, the CMA’s are censoring/whitewashing their show but who’s surprised? anyone still participating is a socially unconscious pawn. artists pander woke authenticity when it benefits them and then sits in silence as they collect their plastic trophies.” The CMA later backtracked with an apology, tweeting, “While our intentions with our social campaign were to communicate to fans that the show will offer a brief escape, we recognize that our phrasing did not convey that message”.
2. From Variety Fair, Taylor Swift Says Scooter Braun Is Trying to “Silence Her Forever,” But Promises She Still Has “Plenty of Surprises in Store”. Taylor Swift gave an update about the ongoing legal process of buying back her master recordings from Scooter Braun on Monday night but the opportunity to repurchase her music is not looking likely. After the news broke, the pop star tweeted out an open letter, explaining that while her team “attempted to enter into negotiations with Scooter Braun” his team allegedly demanded that she first sign an NDA stating she “would never say another word about Scooter Braun unless it was positive. Despite all these legal complications, Swift hasn't given up hope just yet. A representative for Scooter Braun was not immediately available for comment.
3. From The Vulture, it’s been discovered that the country icon Dolly Parton, was one of the major funders for Moderna’s coronavirus vaccine, which has proved to be nearly 95 percent effective in early data. Parton confirmed, ever so humbly, that she indeed made the donation through her research fund. “I’m just happy that anything I do can help somebody else,” she said. “When I donated the money to the COVID fund, I just wanted it to do good, and evidently it is. Let’s just hope we find a cure real soon.”
Ep. 157 Millions Petition To Have Amber Heard Removed From Aquaman 2
1. From Cinemablend, Johnny Depp and Amber Heard have been battling in court for months, most recently with Depp suing The Sun after the publication referred to him as a "wife beater." The judge ultimately sided with The Sun, resulting in Warner Bros. asking the actor to step away from his role as Grindelwald in the Fantastic Beasts movies. This has also put Mads Mikkelsen atop the list of actors being considered to replace Johnny Depp in the David Yates-directed Fantastic Beast 3, the third installment of the Harry Potter spinoff based on the JK Rowling fantasy franchise. And now nearly 1 million moviegoers have signed a petition for Heard to be fired from her role in the Aquaman franchise.
2. Clea DuVall had been a ubiquitous actor in movies and on television for years when she got the idea for “Happiest Season,” a holiday romantic comedy with a lesbian couple at its center. “I had never seen a movie that really represented my experience,” she says. “Any LGBTQ+ characters were, if they were there at all, side characters.” It’s delightfully conventional, all while being completely subversive because of the movie’s queer spin on the genre. And if everything goes well for “Happiest Season,” Abby and Harper should take their place alongside the couples of “Love Actually” and “The Family Stone,” ensconced forever in cozy holiday viewing. Happiest Season stars Kristen Stewart (Abby) and Mackenzie Davis (Harper) coming out November 25th.
3. YouTube Experiences Widespread Technical Problems Playing Videos. user-reported YouTube problems spiked at around 7 p.m. ET. The issues appeared most acute in the Northeast U.S. and Western Europe, as well as in Mexico, Australia and South America. Outages are rare for YouTube, which boasts more than 2 billion monthly logged-in users and claims it streams more than 1 billion hours of video daily.
The Developmental Podcast - Roman Empire
Three friends Chris Fagan, Joe Perez, and Chris Haynes talk about the development of the WWE Invasion, The Roman Empire, and Simone Johnson.
Ep. 156 Anne Hathaway Gives Catwoman Advice
WHY IS THAT TRENDING?/THE SPOTLIGHT
1. Amy Newman’s 31 Halloween Movie Review
2. During a recent virtual interview with Collider, Anne Hathaway discussed why she thought Zoe Kravitz was the “perfect choice” for The Batman’s Catwoman. Saying the following, "You saw the picture of her coming down those stairs, right? Yeah, she doesn't need my advice. If I had any advice it would be literally don't listen to anybody because I think the only way to play that role is to give your version of it. All of us had different directors and all of our interpretations were specific to the films that they were in, kind of like my Grand High Witch is specific to Bob Zemeckis and Angelica Huston's is specific to Nicolas Roeg's, and that's great!" The Witches star even noted the legacy of the equally iconic DC live-action character, The Joker.
3. Darrell Hammond paid special tribute to film legend Sean Connery upon news of his death and reminisced about parodying him on Saturday Night Live several years ago. Connery, best known as the first actor to play James Bond onscreen, died at age 90 in the Bahamas. "Sorry to hear of the passing of Sean Connery, my condolences to his family," Hammond wrote on Twitter. The show alum played Connery several times on the NBC late-night comedy series in the '90s and '00s, appearing alongside Will Ferrell's Alex Trebek in a Celebrity Jeopardy! recurring sketch. Hammond's character always sparred with the game show host by making inappropriate jokes about him and his mother and messing up the titles of Jeopardy! categories. He reprised the role on SNL's 40th anniversary special in 2015. "Always loved doing my silly impressions of him on SNL, and I heard he once spoke highly of me on The Tonight Show," Hammond wrote on Instagram. "Thanks for making me look better than I am man, RIP 'Mr Connery you wear me out!' 'You didn't say that last night when I was pumping moo goo gai pan all over your tonsils!'
Customer ReviewsSee All
A Lot About A Little
This chemistry between everyone is amazing. Very funny commentary from Amy and Chris. I love the reviews but I love the main show a lot more now.
Needed for daily laughs
I have listened to Chris and crew for years and can always rely on him for humorous commentary about all things.