TeleTracking is pleased to bring you Patient Flow Podcast - insightful conversations with the leading experts in patient flow and a focus on the best practices that drive successful outcomes—helping ensure patients across the healthcare continuum get the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
TeleTracking's mission is to optimize health system operations by providing solutions and services that enable the highest quality of care delivery, optimize care coordination to enhance patient flow, and ensure your hospital operations are continually delivering the results you need.
Safety Net Hospitals | Dr. Olusegun Ishmael | Sinai Chicago | Part 2 of 2
On Part 2 of the two-part episode, we continue our conversation with Dr. Olusegun Ishmael (Dr. Ish), Vice President, Clinical Operations/System Associate Chief Medical Officer for Sinai Chicago. The state of Illinois has 40 safety net hospitals - representing 19.1% of the state's hospitals. Dr. Ishmael tells TeleTracking's Maria Romano how Sinai Chicago works to help serve vulnerable populations.
What you'll learn on this episode:
• The roadblocks are safety net hospitals facing today(1:54)
• The efficiencies and value of partnering with TeleTracking (7:18)
• Launching a Command Center at Sinai Chicago (11:30)
• The future of safety net hospitals (14:33)
Safety Net Hospitals | Dr. Olusegun Ishmael | Sinai Chicago | Part 1 of 2
On the first of this two-part episode, Dr. Olusegun Ishmael (Dr. Ish), Vice President, Clinical Operations/System Associate Chief Medical Officer for Sinai Chicago, speaks with TeleTracking's Maria Romano about the importance of safety net hospitals.
Safety net hospitals serve all populations and are legally obligated to provide healthcare to citizens regardless of insurance status.
What you'll learn on this episode:
• More about Dr. Ishmael and Sinai Chicago (1:54)
• Sinai Chicago demographics (4:30)
• The choice to serve at a safety net hospital (5:50)
• Funding for safety net hospitals (8:09)
• The impact of COVID-19 on Sinai Chicago (12:15)
Kathy Menefee | Managing Director of Advisory Services for TeleTracking
On today's episode, we meet Kathy Menefee, Managing Director of Advisory Services for TeleTracking. The stress that caregivers face today is real. The science behind is called "cognitive load"...and Kathy Menefee just happens to be an expert on the topic. What you'll learn on today's episode:
• How cognitive load impacts caregivers (1:32)
• The three components of cognitive load (3:48)
• How can hospital leadership work to support staff (7:51)
• The importance of communication protocols in place (11:04)
Seth Hostetler & Rob Teachout | Geisinger | Part 2
On this second part of our conversation with Seth Hostetler of Geisinger and Robert Teachout of TeleTracking, we dig deeper into the implementation of a Real-Time Locating System (RTLS)at Geisinger to improve asset tracking.
On this episode you'll learn:
• The implementation of RTLS (1:01)
• Training for the change a RTLS brings (4:07)
• Projecting forward to further process improvements (9:24)
Seth Hostetler and Rob Teachout | Geisinger | Part 1
On today's episode, we meet Seth Hostetler, Lead Process Engineer, Supply Chain Services for Geisinger, as well as Rob Teachout, Enabling Technologies Workflow Services Project Manager for TeleTracking.
The two have worked together on the implementation of a TeleTracking Real-Time Locating System (RTLS) at Geisinger to track assets and keep the supply chain flowing. In the first of this two-part episode you'll learn:
• How RTLS improves processes, bottom line, and enhances patient care (4:01)
• Challenges that Geisinger faced that initiated the implementation of TeleTracking's RTLS (11:10)
Tom Perry | Senior Product Manager for TeleTracking
The overall patient flow process is made up of numerous touchpoints. How the patient moves through the process is known as "transport," an area where Tom Perry has great expertise. Let's listen in as Tom discusses the important role of transport in overall patient care.
What you'll learn today:
• Why is effective transport so important to patient flow? (1:33)
• How does transport respond to fluctuations in schedule? (2:47)
• The importance of dedicated transporters. (3:15)
• Tactics for improving transport systems. (5:56)