TGIF Today God Is First, is a FREE daily devotional email which combines Bible teaching with practical insights for your work and life. TGIF currently has over 180,000 email subscribers worldwide. Subscribe by email at http://www.todaygodisfirst.com.
Value of a Mentor
Vince Lombardi was one of the greatest NFL coaches of all time. He won two Super Bowls and 5 NFL Championships.
John Wooden won 10 national college NCAA championships over his 27 years. Arguably the greatest college coach of all time.
Paul Bear Bryant won 6 national championships at Alabama over his 25-year coaching career there.
Do coaches make a difference in outcomes? Do mentors make a difference in outcomes? The answer is YES!
What makes a great mentor or coach? Here are a few things they bring to the table.
• Experience – been there done that. “They can give you some shortcuts.
• Hard Knocks – they “failed forward” to gain wisdom. Wisdom can’t be taught, it’s learned.
• Save You – from having to make the same mistakes.
• Technique – they know the technical part of the journey and can show you
• Watch & Observe – if you observe their life you’ll gain more than from what they teach
I often say the difference in a mentor versus a coach is a mentor models while a coach teaches and guides. The coach requires accountability to a process. The mentor inspires through example.
I’ve had both in my life. They both inspired me to be something greater than what I could have been alone.
Do you have that person in your life?
I’m getting a bit older now. I’m not on the road speaking and teaching like I use to be. That means I can invest in others through technology and personal engagement.
So here’s the deal. I’m starting a TGIF CEO Roundtable June 15. I can only handle 14 Christian CEOs or executive level leaders. Are you one of them?
Experiencing God's Power in Business
Are you a Christian business owner? If so, let me ask you a few questions.
Does any of this sound like you?
• Are you a Christian business owner who hears the stories in the Bible of miracles and amazing things Jesus did but never experienced them personally?
• Are you someone who wants to believe the stories, but you’ve never had a personal experience with God in your business life?
• Do you struggle with relationships at home or in your workplace?
• Are you concerned about the increased anti-faith movement in America and would like to make a difference in reversing that trend?
• Do you want to grow your business using Biblical principles?
• Would being connected to other like-minded Christian business owners be valuable to you?
• Would you like to know how to increase income in your business by $25,000, $50,000 or even $100,000 a month so you can have greater impact through your business?
In this week’s TGIF@Work Podcast I share a step-by-step guide to growing your business with God, experiencing God’s power and becoming a culture shaping influencer – and make more money in the process!
If 30% of America claims to be Christian, why are we losing the culture?
Do you ever feel like you’re on a Christian performance treadmill?
Do you ever struggle to feel the love of God in your life?
If any of those describe you, this week’s podcast is for you. Collin Ferreira is my guest this week on TGIF@Work podcast. He is the author of a new book entitled, Disrupting Religion. You will find my interview with Colin very insight and will answer each of these questions and more.
John Ramstead Interview
In these turbulent and uncertain times, On Purpose With Purpose is the step-by-step guide leaders need to unlock their true potential and adapt for the future, so that they can lead themselves and their team to incredible breakthroughs of their own.
On Purpose With Purpose is not the typical leadership book. With exciting combat and training stories from his F-14 to heart-wrenching examples from his near-fatal accident and recovery, John Ramstead equips readers with invaluable life tools that don’t feel like lessons. Most books in this genre focus on the “what” and the “how” of leadership; but John’s experiences as a Fortune 500 manager, serial entrepreneur, and executive coach taught him that the critical missing component in achieving everything leaders dream of is WHO they are at their core…then the rest will fall into place.
10 new ideas that are changing America
Recently I have been following insights shared by Victor Davis Hanson, a distinguished fellow of the Center for American Greatness. I’m impressed with his common-sense observations of what is taking place in our culture combined with a good understanding of our nation’s history and its founding principles. One of the things that happens in culture when a nation moves away from God is the leaders begin to make decisions that make no common sense. The Bible calls this leanness in the soul. (Psalm 106:15). We are experiencing this every day right now. Do the border decisions being made right now have any common sense to them!?
One on One with Mike Lindell, My Pillow Company
Join Os and Pamela Hillman for an amazing interview with Mike Lindell. Learn what really happened int he 2020 election and what is about to happen. A must listen to for every American.
He gets it!
Os opened our eyes to applying scripture to our work through his daily devotional. This podcast is helpful to keep that focus!
I have the book TGIF, I've been reading it for the past 11 years.
So many times I am stunned how accurately the days message applies to my life. It's as if God os speaking directly to me through Oz. I often have to forward the days messages to friends and they agree re the accuracy.