Kasey Jo Orvidas holds a Ph.D. in Psychology and is a certified health and fitness coach, with her expertise being in mindset and health behavior change. She has transformed hundreds of lives (and minds) in her coaching career, while also being published in multiple peer-reviewed scientific journals for her research exploring the relationship between our mindset and our health and fitness behaviors.
Kasey Jo places a strong emphasis on the importance of not just what we say to our clients, but how – and uses her unique background to efficiently and effectively communicate with clients to help them create sustainable lifestyle changes. She teaches other coaches how to do this too, via the Health Mindset Coaching Certification and other mentorship opportunities. Kasey Jo is also a writer and member of the scientific review board for Legion Athletics, where she shares her knowledge and passion for all things fitness, nutrition, and psychology.
In this episode, you’ll hear Kasey Jo share:
· How building a resilient mindset is just as important, if not more so, than developing physical skills on the court
· Why performance psychology should be a bedrock for every basketball player
· What to do if you have self-limiting beliefs that are holding you back from reaching your potential
· A better and more effective way to set and chase big goals
· Why you should seek out situations that challenge you rather than avoiding them
Learn more about Kasey Jo’s work by following her on Instagram.