63 episodes

Many people want to be a doctor at some point in their life but few are actually successful. How did they do it? What secrets do they know that you don't? And why are they even doing it? The journey to becoming a doctor will cost you numerous years, countless dollars, and more time than you can imagine. So *why* do so many people want to become a doctor?

Dr. Alana Trotter (Dr. Trot) is a former collegiate athlete, current resident physician, and entrepreneur determined to defy the odds and show others how to do the same. A self-proclaimed stubborn dreamer, Dr. Trot created DoctorGoals to start a movement of eager doctors and doctors-in-the-making dedicated to the medical field without losing sight of themselves.

Subscribe to The DoctorGoals Podcast to hear incredible stories from people in the "trenches" and chasing after their DoctorGoals.

INSTAGRAM: @doctorgoals

DoctorGoals Attire: doctorgoals.com/store

The DOCTORGOALS Podcast Dr. Alana Trotter

    • Health & Fitness
    • 5.0 • 229 Ratings

Many people want to be a doctor at some point in their life but few are actually successful. How did they do it? What secrets do they know that you don't? And why are they even doing it? The journey to becoming a doctor will cost you numerous years, countless dollars, and more time than you can imagine. So *why* do so many people want to become a doctor?

Dr. Alana Trotter (Dr. Trot) is a former collegiate athlete, current resident physician, and entrepreneur determined to defy the odds and show others how to do the same. A self-proclaimed stubborn dreamer, Dr. Trot created DoctorGoals to start a movement of eager doctors and doctors-in-the-making dedicated to the medical field without losing sight of themselves.

Subscribe to The DoctorGoals Podcast to hear incredible stories from people in the "trenches" and chasing after their DoctorGoals.

INSTAGRAM: @doctorgoals

DoctorGoals Attire: doctorgoals.com/store

    9 Things You'll Want to Know Before Becoming a Doctor

    9 Things You'll Want to Know Before Becoming a Doctor

    The title says it all.
    You'll want to save this episode.
     
    RATE. REVIEW. SUBSCRIBE!
    * * *
    COMFY DOCTORGOALS SHIRTS
    * * *
    Did somebody say coffee? Probably not, but you should check this out:
    Super Coffee - Low calorie + packed with caffeine + sprinkled with protein. Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 20% OFF your order! drinksupercoffee.com

    • 28 min
    MINISODE: Most Memorable Case with Dr. Mariam Molani

    MINISODE: Most Memorable Case with Dr. Mariam Molani

    Dr. Mariam Molani is pathology resident who shares her MOST memorable case...and it was a matter of life or death.
    Who knew a microscope could literally change someones life...
     
    Rate. Review x5. Thank you!
    * * *
    THE ORIGINAL #DOCTORGOALS
    * * *
    Skip to my lou, click to my door...
    Super Coffee - Low calorie + packed with caffeine + sprinkled with protein. Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 20% OFF your order! drinksupercoffee.com
    Cure Hydration - They say 75% of Americans are dehydrated. Chances are, that includes you. Not today! Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 25% OFF your order! curehydration.com

    • 20 min
    Is an MBA Worth It as a Doctor With Dr. Mariam Molani

    Is an MBA Worth It as a Doctor With Dr. Mariam Molani

    Dr. Mariam Molani is a pathologist who obtained TWO degrees while in medical school: DO + MBA.
    We don't go to medical school to become business people and yet the success of our careers and practices are dependent on running a successful business.
    So, is an MD/DO "not enough" anymore...?
    TODAY, we're walking into an audio business class: Is an MBA worth it as a doctor?
    * * *
    DOCTORGOALS COMFY TEES
    * * *
    Zoom meeting distractions:
    Healthy caffeine? Yes, please!
    Super Coffee - Low calorie + packed with caffeine + sprinkled with protein. Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 20% OFF your order! drinksupercoffee.com
    IV caffeine --> bathroom runs?
    Cure Hydration - They say 75% of Americans are dehydrated. Chances are, that includes you. Not today! Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 25% OFF your order! curehydration.com

    • 37 min
    The Test Taking Strategy That Changed Everything With Dr. Lauren Bessette

    The Test Taking Strategy That Changed Everything With Dr. Lauren Bessette

    Dr. Lauren Bessette is an internal medicine resident who walks us through a test taking strategy that became a turning point for her and CHANGED everything.
    Her speed increased. Her test taking strategy improved. And her scores shot up. Highly recommended!
    * * *
    Bathroom clicks --> DOPE hook ups:
    Healthy caffeine? Yes, please!
    Super Coffee - Low calorie + packed with caffeine + sprinkled with protein. Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 20% OFF your order! drinksupercoffee.com
    IV caffeine --> bathroom runs?
    Cure Hydration - They say 75% of Americans are dehydrated. Chances are, that includes you. Not today! Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 25% OFF your order! curehydration.com

    • 39 min
    Secret to Success: The Lesson That Changed My Perspective

    Secret to Success: The Lesson That Changed My Perspective

    You know it's a good lesson when it keeps popping up in your life and helping you succeed.
    * * *
    COMFY DOCTORGOALS TEES
    * * *
    > Paging all discount code lovers Cure Hydration - They say 75% of Americans are dehydrated. Chances are, that includes you. Not today! Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 25% OFF your order! curehydration.com
    Super Coffee - Dr. Trot's go-to source of caffeine. Low calorie + packed with caffeine + sprinkled with protein. Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 20% OFF your order! drinksupercoffee.com
    *Send a screenshot of using the Super Coffee ambassador code to Dr. Trot (@doctorgoals) for a free comfy DOCTORGOALS tee. Seriously!

    • 32 min
    Busy Nutrition with Dr. Lauren Powell

    Busy Nutrition with Dr. Lauren Powell

    Taking care of yourself is HARD when you're:
    Super busy Stressed Juggling many to-dos Grey hairs pop up. Acne makes a comeback. And things start to grow in different directions. (Oh, no one told you this "fun"?)
    Too busy to figure out nutrition or fight off that "Residency 30"? Tune into today's episode where Dr. Lauren Powell (aka the Culinary Doctor) shares 5 nutrition tips for the BUSY professional.
    * * *
    REP' DOCTORGOALS
    * * *
    Bathroom reads, secrets to success:
    SurgiReal - Hone your surgical skills on your own time. Super convenient, surgical kits that resemble human tissue. Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 10% OFF your order! surgireal.com
    Super Coffee - Dr. Trot's go-to source of caffeine. Low calorie + packed with caffeine + sprinkled with protein. Use the code DOCTORGOALS to get 20% OFF your order! drinksupercoffee.com
    *Send a screenshot of using the Super Coffee ambassador code to Dr. Trot (@doctorgoals) for a free comfy DOCTORGOALS tee. Seriously!

    • 41 min

Customer Reviews

5.0 out of 5
229 Ratings

229 Ratings

MrsCMJ85 ,

Inspirational

If you’re looking for your daily dose of pre-med inspiration look no further. As a non-traditional pre-med student, I seek out podcasts to keep me motivated and this one does that for me. I look forward to hearing more from Dr. Trot and the various topics that she discusses on her podcast.

Nkan82 ,

Bookmarked for later!

I’m a premed student and listening to a couple of these episodes has provided me a great insight into my future career and what to keep in mind as I move forward in my own journey! Love that the guests brought on are diverse in their specialties and experiences!

JPScott.Med ,

Doctor Goals Podcast Review

A terrific show of community & knowledge! Advice for all levels of your medical journey: from premed to practicing provider. Well worth the subscription & listen. Every episode provides it’s own gems of advice, wisdom & encouragement! And great to listen in your comfy Doctor Goals T-shirt! 💪🏽🙌🏽
- JP

Top Podcasts In Health & Fitness

Listeners Also Subscribed To