The Drug Policy podcast of the Rights Reporter Foundation. Visit drugreporter.net for news and films from the frontlines of the war on drugs!
How Will Germany Regulate the Legal Cannabis Market?
The new German coalition government has announced its intention to legalise the use of cannabis and to create a strict regulatory system for the recreational cannabis market. There are few details known about how this system will operate in reality. We interviewed Georg Wurth, the chairman of the German Cannabis Association, to gain some insight into the political process.
Drugreporter News | December 2021
Drug policy news from around the world!
In today's episode:
- Legal regulation of cannabis comes to Germany
- Luxembourg: adults will be allowed to grow up to 4 plants
- Switzerland: parliamentary commission decides to end cannabis ban
- Malta: cannabis users will be allowed to form social clubs
- What Experts Think About Cannabis Legalisation in Europe
Drugreporter News - October 2021
Drug policy news from around the world, in today's episode:
- Italy set to hold a referendum on decriminalising cannabis
- Warnings instead of prosecution for Class A drug users in Scotland
- U.S. House passes bill to end disparities in crack cocaine sentences
- Zurich to launch recreational cannabis trial
- Teen use of marijuana did not increase with legalization in the US
- #MoreThan Video Contest
Drugreporter News - June 2021.
Drug policy news from around the world, June 2021 Edition.
- Connecticut legalises cannabis.
- Germany: Cannabis legalization becomes election campaign issue.
- Federal Support for Harm Reduction in the US.
- EMCDDA Publishes Its Annual Drug Report.
- The 50th anniversary of the US War on Drugs.
- Government of Canada helping expand access to safer supply across Canada.
Cannabis Reform in Malta
The Maltese government launched a public consultation on a White Paper, proposing the full decriminalisation of the possession of up to 7 grams of cannabis. In the next episode of Drugreporter Café, we discuss the chances of cannabis reform with Cyrus Engerer, a Member of the European Parliament, a politican representing the Maltese Labour Party, and Andrew Bonello, the president of ReLeaf, a cannabis reform NGO from the island.
Drugreporter News - May 2021.
Drug policy news from around the world, may 2021 Edition.
- The Czech Constitutional Court Repealed Part of the Criminal Code.
- The Labour Party of Malta proposes cannabis legalisation.
- Rio de Janeiro: at least 25 killed in city’s deadliest police raid on favela.
- Nigeria to legalize cannabis for economic benefits.
- The United States will allow more facilities to produce cannabis for research.
- Opportunities for Community Engagement at the HLM 2021.
- MDMA-assisted therapy for PTSD shows successful results in Phase 3 trials.