Sports, Media, Technology, and the intersection of all three. With Dr. Galen Clavio and Dr. Brian Moritz.
Crickets and Avocado
Brian and Galen return are back for more talk of sports, media and more during the Covid-19 pandemic. Topics this week include:
- Celebrating Cindo de Mayo and their favorite Mexican food.
- The absence of sports (and fans) the past two months.
- Is opening with all sorts of restrictions really worth it?
- Game and streaming recommendations.
Is Neo-Socialism a Thing?
Brian and Galen are back for more talk on the important issues of our day:
* What are the best store-bought cookies?
* What single cut of meat would you live on for all of quarantine?
* Why is media coverage of this crisis so ... odd?
The Anti-Texans Podcast
After no episodes in three momnths, the boys are back with their second episode in a week. Quarantine, man.
Brian and Galen take some time to discuss free agency in the NFL. Tom Brady's in Tampa Bay? The Bills are good? The Colts have Philip Rivers? Crazy times, man. Crazy times.
Get Your Theme Song Tested
Brian and Galen are back to talk about media and life during the Covid-19 outbreak. The pandemic seems to be Twitter's time to shine. Brian takes the pessimistic side, while Galen takes the optimistic angle. I know, right?
They also lament the experiences of their seniors and talk about their cooking goals for the next few weeks/months. It's all about intentionality.
Mashed Potato Island
Happy Thanksgiving week, Flip Side Nation!
Topics this week include:
- The war on turkey. Do people really hate turkey or do they like saying that they hate turkey.
- How Cornish Game Hens are like quicksand
- The ESPN digital metrics, and what it means for sports media.
- How to support journalism without subscribing to newspapers.
Always Be Aware of Autocorrect
It’s winter in both Indiana and New York. Brian’s got six inches of snow, Galen’s got temperatures under 20 degrees. Which means it’s prime podcasting season.
Topics include a Pew study about how Americans use and view news on social media; the controversy around Northwestern’s student newspaper; the start of the ACC network; the disaster of autocorrect. Also, just what the heck is late-stage capitalism?
Americans Are Wary of the Role Social Media Sites Play in Delivering the News
Addressing The Daily’s coverage of Sessions protests
Why the Phrase ‘Late Capitalism’ Is Suddenly Everywhere
Customer ReviewsSee All
Listen to this pod.
I dig it.