In this episode, we sit down with Olivia Amitrano, the founder and creator of Organic Olivia — a vibrant online ecosystem and apothecary built on traditional wisdom, modern herbal medicine, and a brave willingness to explore our opportunities for growth and personal responsibility. Like many wellness entrepreneurs, her journey began as a young child when she found herself at the doctor’s office more often than most, dealing with everything from unbearable stomach pain to chronic cystic acne. She knew deep down that there had to be other options but was told over and over again that diet and lifestyle had nothing to do with her worsening conditions. Organic Olivia was born as Olivia started to seek alternative solutions — only to discover how seemingly separate issues were interconnected at their root.
We discuss all of this and more including:
- Olivia’s top three herbs for health and well-being
- Daily practices that cost nothing and do a lot for our physical, emotional, and mental health
- The insane importance of oral health and the oral microbiome
- Chamomile and saffron versus caffeine
- Caring for her parents during early COVID (and the lessons it taught her)
- Advocating for loved ones in the hospital
This episode really blends both Olivia and Nikki’s love for science and deep respect for ancient tradition — believing the two can coexist, and in fact, work better together. Enjoy!