Growing up, I believed my introversion was a roadblock in the way of success, a wall that needed to be knocked down in order to accomplish my goals. The breakthrough came when I realized I had it backwards – instead of fixating on the difficulties associated with being an introvert, we introverts should harness our unique qualities to dominate in business and in life. Introverts are creative, empathetic, thoughtful, detail oriented, analytical, and well-prepared – talk about qualities that bring success!
I created The Introvert’s Edge Podcast to start a dialog around introversion, and to confront and debunk the myth that introversion somehow prevents us from becoming inspirational and successful people. The goal is to empower introverts to embrace their natural abilities and harness them to achieve amazing success.
Guests include industry experts, global brand founders, and business titans, all highly accomplished introverts. Listen as they open up about their personal challenges with introversion, the “aha” moment that changed everything, what they’ve learned along the journey, the specific tactics and strategies they employed, and what they consider their “introvert’s edge.”
Don’t think of these as your standard interviews. They’re action-oriented how-to’s that help you identify and leverage your own natural gifts. They’re real, honest insights that they have never shared before; sometimes because they’re making them right there, for the first time. These are lessons from world-class innovators sharing the tools and ideologies that put them at the front of the pack – not despite their introversion, but because of it.
This is your gateway to greatness. It’s time to embrace your own introvert’s edge, so you can break through your barriers and become the powerhouse you were born to be.
Transforming Corporate Culture for Introverts
The 7-Step Sales Process Embraced by Introverts Worldwide
As a result of Matthew’s work with the Introverted Seller Summit, we’ve been getting even more inquiries than usual from introverts wanting to improve their sales results. So, we’re doing things a little differently in this episode! In this special installment, Matthew introduces and shares the first chapter of his audiobook "The Introvert's Edge: How the Quiet and Shy Can Outsell Anyone." And the best part is, you don’t even need to buy the book to take full advantage of Matthew’s 7-step sales process: It’s all revealed in the first chapter. Listen in and discover exactly why introverts can beat the extroverts at sales, hands down!
* Discover how to overcome your fear of selling once and for all
* Leverage a repeatable, reliable sales process that removes the awkwardness and stress
* Learn why stories are key to exploding sales
* A simple way to earn trust and credibility
* The key to feeling confident and comfortable in virtually every sales situation
* Foster the belief that you can actually enjoy selling!
* Learn the 7-step process that doubles your sales in the next 60 days
Resources Mentioned in the Show:
* Get the PDF of the first chapter, free
* The Introvert’s Edge: How the Quiet and Shy Can Outsell Anyone - Amazon and Audible
* The Introvert’s Edge: How the Quiet and Shy Can Outsell Anyone - FREE, just pay S&H
Mastering Mindset and Sales Success: An Introvert's Advantage with Anthony Iannarino
In this episode of The Introvert's Edge podcast, Anthony Iannarino shares his invaluable insights on the power of mindset, the misconceptions about introverts, and strategies for introverted sales professionals. Host Matthew Pollard engages in a deep exploration of sales intricacies with Anthony, covering the significance of empathy and understanding, the importance of providing value, and the pivotal role of mindset in achieving success. Whether you're an introvert aspiring to excel in sales or aiming to enhance your mindset for personal growth, this episode offers practical advice and abundant inspiration.
* Dispelling common myths and misconceptions about introverts in sales.
* Anthony's personal journey and the profound influence of his mentors on his sales career.
* The pivotal role of empathy and understanding in successful sales interactions.
* How introverts can harness their innate strengths to excel in sales.
* The transformative power of mindset and its impact on achieving success in any field.
* Strategies for cultivating confidence and resilience in sales.
* The vital importance of delivering value and forging meaningful connections with clients.
Anthony Iannarino is a highly respected sales leader, speaker, and author boasting extensive experience in B2B sales and leadership. With over three decades of sales expertise, Anthony has aided numerous organizations and individuals in enhancing their sales performance. He has authored several books, including "Eat Their Lunch: Winning Customers Away from Your Competition" and "The Only Sales Guide You'll Ever Need." Anthony is also a sought-after keynote speaker and provides valuable content through his blog and podcast, "In the Arena."
Resources mentioned in the show:
* Anthony Iannarino's website
* "Eat Their Lunch: Winning Customers Away from Your Competition" by Anthony Iannarino
* "The Only Sales Guide You'll Ever Need" by Anthony Iannarino
* Anthony Iannarino's blog
The Power of Cognitive Diversity: Introversion and Human Behavior with Csaba Toth
Diversity isn't just about race or gender; it's also about how we think and process information. In this episode of The Introvert’s Edge podcast, Matthew explores the fascinating world of cognitive diversity with Csaba Toth, highlighting its impact on human behavior and organizational success. Topics include misconceptions about introverts, the importance of understanding one's personality, and how organizations can leverage cognitive diversity for success. Csaba shares valuable insights on why psychometric assessments should measure preferences, not skills, and how to create a psychologically safe and inclusive workplace.
* The misconception that introverts lack confidence and competence
* Csaba's journey into studying cognitive diversity and introversion
* The role of self-awareness in personal and professional growth
* Leveraging cognitive diversity to drive innovation and productivity
* The problem with rigid hiring practices based on psychometric assessments
* Steps to create a psychologically safe and inclusive workplace
* Balancing the mindset gap between team members with diverse preferences
About Csaba Toth:Csaba Toth is an expert in cognitive diversity and human behavior, specializing in helping individuals and organizations understand and leverage cognitive diversity to achieve better results. Csaba's work includes workshops and webinars, as well as his highly-rated book – all offering practical guidance on embracing cognitive diversity.
Resources mentioned in the show:
* Connect with Csaba on LinkedIn
* Csaba's book: "Uncommon Sense in Unusual Times"
* Csaba's website
A Journey to Self-Acceptance and Success with Tyrona Health
Get ready to be inspired! In this episode of The Introvert’s Edge, Matthew welcomes marketing visionary Tyrona Heath. Tyrona is not only an introvert but also a highly accomplished professional with a diverse background. The conversation explores Tyrona's inspiring journey of self-acceptance as an introvert, the unique strengths introverts bring to the table, and the importance of creating inclusive environments where both introverts and extroverts thrive.
* Challenging the misconceptions about introverts and highlighting their hidden superpowers.
* Tyrona’s personal story of growing up between two cultures and how it shaped her as an introvert.
* How introverts excel in various areas, including sales, leadership, and teamwork.
* The importance of achieving balance in organizations by recognizing the value of introverted perspectives.
* Valuable insights on how introverts can thrive in personal and professional relationships.
About Tyrona Heath:
Tyrona Heath is a multifaceted professional with an impressive resume, having worked with major corporations like Google, Nestlé, IBM, and more. She is an active advocate for diversity and inclusion, founding the Transform Her conference and being part of the Black Inclusion Group at LinkedIn. Tyrona's journey from feeling like an outsider to embracing her introversion is a testament to her resilience and determination. Her ability to synthesize complex ideas and make them accessible is one of her introverted superpowers. Connect with Tyrona on LinkedIn and Instagram to learn more about her insights and experiences
Resources mentioned in the show:
* Tyrona's LinkedIn
* Tyrona's Instagram
* American Advertising Federation
Embracing Introversion: Strategies for Success with Sheevaun Thatcher
Sheevaun Thatcher, an expert in neurodiversity and management strategy, talks with Matthew about the dynamics of introverts and extroverts in meetings and teamwork. This engaging discussion sheds light on the challenges and strengths of each personality type, providing valuable insights on how both introverts and extroverts can collaborate effectively, manage meetings, and achieve success in their careers. Tune in for a wealth of practical advice for introverts, extroverts, and managers alike.
* Understanding the introvert's dilemma and the importance of effective meeting management
* Strategies for introverts to prepare and participate in meetings with confidence
* The significance of coaching and self-awareness in improving management skills
* Overcoming misconceptions about introverts and extroverts in the workplace
* Sheevaun's journey and passion for neurodiversity and helping individuals succeed
* Tips for introverts to communicate their needs and preferences to their managers
* The power of self-discovery in harnessing one's strengths, regardless of personality type
About Sheevaun Thatcher:
Sheevaun is a seasoned professional in enablement, neurodiversity, and management strategy, with extensive experience spanning several decades. She is a passionate advocate for neurodiversity in the workplace and specializes in helping individuals understand and thrive in their unique working environments. Sheevaun's expertise extends to coaching, management, and effective communication, making her a sought-after resource for organizations and individuals seeking to improve their performance and collaboration.
Resources mentioned in the show:
* Sheevaun's LinkedIn
* Sheevaun's Email Address
* Introverted Seller Summit registration page
Awesome show with a great format
I really like Matthew's eloquent style, and the central theme that pervades his shows which is taking ownership of your introversion and turning it into an asset rather than a defecit. Inspiring stuff to me, who is a lifelong introvert but also a very ambitious entrepreneur.
A must for any introvert
You cannot miss this! What Matt shares is priceless for introverts and all sales people alike.
For Extroverts too
Matthew is always pushing the edges on ways to boost revenue and profits for businesses of all kinds - this is actionable and effective immediately.