The Joint Perspective Podcast is a thought provoking, jazzy, contemporary podcast format covering topics and issues within the cannabis cultural movement. Marcus Johnson-Smith is the lead host speaking with influencers, entrepreneurs and policy makers who talk about the issues of the cannabis industry - business, culture, food, music, education and government
Jobs Fair – Gateway to Opportunity?
Trying to gain entry to any restricted environment, particularly one that is as lucrative as the cannabis business, is mostly about who you know, what you know and who you are.
On July 25, 2018, the Equity and Opportunity: A Jobs Fair for a New Economy presented by Massachusetts Cannabis Business Association was held at the Reggie Lewis Center in Roxbury, Massachusetts. Over 750 people from all walks of life attended the event to learn what opportunities may exist in this blooming industry.
The Joint Perspective asked some attendees, vendors and stakeholders why they thought this job fair was important.
* Vernon Jackson, Job Seeker
* Miriam Maggie, Ardent Cannabis
* Kyle Heverly, Kush Bottles
* Horace Smalls, Massachusetts Cannabis Advisory Board
* Massachusetts Cannabis Compliance Training Institute
* Jay Youmans, Massachusetts Cannabis Business Association
* Carol Raymond, Revolutionary Clinics
* Shanel Lindsey, CAB, Equitable Opportunities Now, and Ardent Cannabis
* Jimmy Young, Sensi Magazine
* Rob Kersey, Alternative Therapies Group
* Shaleene Title, Cannabis Control Commission
* Keith Cooper, Revolutionary Clinics
* Judge Leslie Harris, Massachusetts Cannabis Social Equity Board
* Dr. Karen Munkacy, Garden Remedies
* Andrea Cabral, Ascend Cannabis
Introducing the Joint Perspective Podcast
Host Marcus Johnson-Smith talks about how he got into the cannabis industry and the podcast concept.