What leads couple on the path to divorce? When, and why, should a couple get a prenuptial agreement? What are some good financial strategies for spouses to have?
Find out in this week's episode of The Learn to Love Podcast, where your host Zach Beach interviews the divorce and family law attorney Aaron Thomas on Should We Get a Prenup?
For more on this episode click here: https://www.the-heart-center.com/ep-70-should-we-get-a-prenup-with-aaron-thomas/(opens in a new tab)
Learn more about your guest below:
Attorney Aaron Thomas has been an attorney for almost twenty years, helping secure favorable settlements and verdicts for clients from all walks of life.
He graduated from Harvard Law School in 2002, and ever since 2007 Aaron has practiced family law exclusively, in order to help people navigate emotional and difficult disputes over divorce, custody, and child support. He has covered a variety of cases in family law, everything from representing superstar athletes and entertainers to working professionals and stay at home parents. After focusing on divorce and custody disputes for most of his career, he's turned his attention to trying to prevent the arguments that lead to divorce in the first place.
In 2020, he founded prenups.com, a fair and friendly take on prenuptial and postnuptial agreements which have gotten a bad rap but can be a useful tool for couples to plan - not for divorce - but for how they will handle their finances (and other issues) during the marriage itself. He himself has been married for five years, and when he got married he and his wife, who is also a lawyer, sat down and wrote their own prenup that addresses lots of the arguments that Aaron witnessed breaking marriages apart during his career. From how you set up your accounts, to household financial meetings, from counseling, to how much you can spend without checking with your spouse first - Aaron will share with us creative provisions you can include in your own prenuptial agreement that could actually improve your marriage.
Learn more at
Learn more about your host and the show at:
Support The Show:
If you like the show there are many ways you can support it, such as,
- Register for Relationship Mastery, a 6-week self-guided course to take your relationship to the next level. https://www.the-heart-center.com/relationship-mastery-landing-page/
- Check out one of our sponsors, Listenable and use the discount code “zachbeach” for the first seven days on the platform for free. There you can find Zach’s How To Be a Better Partner Course. https://frstre.com/go/?a=76205-87a7d9&s=1256514-e13191&p_affiliate.referral_code=zachbeach
- Purchase The Seven Lessons of Love: Heart Wisdom for Troubling Times on Amazon. https://www.amazon.com/Lessons-Love-Heart-Wisdom-Troubling/dp/1983940704/
- Purchase a love shirt and show the world your love of love https://www.bonfire.com/store/the-heart-center/
- Review, Like, and Subscribe to the show on iTunes.
- Like us on Facebook facebook.com/learntolovenow
- Join the Facebook Community Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1428012130828678/