*Blogosphere's Podcast of the Year 2019*
The One Girl Band Podcast is a podcast for female entrepreneurs and creatives who work for and by themselves, hosted by Lola Hoad. Filled with real, truthful insights into running a small creative business, the OGB podcast is intended to empower, support and connect. They're little pep talks from someone who has been in the same boat as you. The episodes vary between showcasing women in business who have been exactly where you are now, and 10-20 minute episodes that are filled with purposeful and practical advice. Lola Hoad is a creative coach and writer, as well as the founder of One Girl Band and is based in Glasgow, UK.
070- Kerry Lyons, Business Design Coach
This week's guest on the #ogbpodcast is the superb @kerrylyonsco. She's a business design coach who helps people make their daydream their
day-job and create the business they were made for. We talked about:
- Kerry’s journey from graphic designer, stationery designer, mother to coach.
- Dealing with fear and being uncomfortable, and differentiating between the two.
- Her frank and honest experience with Kickstarter and navigating that self-promotion beast.
There are honestly so many gems scattered throughout this ep so do give it a listen. Thanks as always to our cheerleaders on Patreon and our wonderful sponsors @anywheres.co!
069 - Bee Davies, Illustrator and Wedding Creative
“Take a f*****g breath, have a snack and then revisit”
This week, we've got Bee Davies @beedaviesillustration on the show. We talk about:
- Breaking out of the mold that art school creates
- How her illustrated jackets became well known, figuring out her niche
- Navigating the wedding industry as a creative, dealing with client feedback and working with pals
- Dealing with comparison and identity crises whilst being your own boss
- Allowing yourself to take breaks in times of struggle
068 - You Don't Have to Share It All (+ a quick hello)
Ello. It's been a little while. In this solo episode, Lola talks about:
- A thank you for your patience and understanding
- Submit your questions for our new Dear OGB column
- Why it's ok to not share the full picture on social media all of the time
- Don't let the internet rush you.
As always, a huge thank you to our supporters on Patreon and our sponsors, Anywheres.co. Use OGB10 to get 10% off your first box.
067- When You Keep Attracting The Wrong Clients
Always a well sought after topic! How we can stop attracting the wrong clients/customers and start communicating to our ideal ones.
066 - All The Eggs In The Instagram Basket
Feel like you've got all of your eggs in the Instagram basket? Listen to this short and sweet solo episode.
065- Libby Walker, Illustrator and Maker
This week, we've got the wonderful Libby Walker on the show. An illustrator and maker based in Glasgow, Libby has her studio shop on Pollokshaws Road where we recorded our chat (with extra bonus visit from Nova the puppy!!) and talked about:
- Libby’s journey from Art School to brick and mortar business owner.
- How Glasgow and the community has shaped her work.
- Learning that you can’t do everything.
- AND THEN NOVA THE PUPPY COMES IN
- The f**k-ups and mistakes.
- Hiring team members.
- What the high street can learn from the independents.
Find her on Instagram at @_libby_walker_ and at libbywalker.co.uk
Listening daily now
As a new business-owner and long-time creative, you have no idea how refreshing this podcast is. It’s wonderful to know that the thoughts & questions that run through my mind are common ones. It’s such a breath of fresh air, Lola’s honesty about the ups and downs she experiences and what she’s learnt from them. There’s something special about knowing you’re not alone in all of this! Thank you Lola!