Complete show notes (with links) available at http://opticalpodcast.com/episode/022
We talk about The Right Stuff with Joel Page, where at the height of excellent motion control camera work, the USFX team took the shots of supersonic jets and crashing capsules, and went in an entirely different direction.
Listen for your chance to win a free 1-year print subscription to Cinefex magazine.
Subscribe to the Podcast
* Subscribe in iTunes
* Follow on Soundcloud
* Enhanced AAC podcast feed
* MP3 podcast feed
* Cinefex magazine — The journal of cinematic illusions.
* The Right Stuff (1983)
* Follow along with our List on Letterboxd, featuring films we’ve covered, and upcoming films to watch.
* Joel Page, Local know-it-all
* All tracks by Digital Droo
* Cinefex 14 — October 1993, also available in the Cinefex iPad app
* Revisiting Cinefex (14): The Right Stuff, Brainstorm, Twilight Zone by Graham Edwards
* See http://opticalpodcast.com/episode/022 for complete show notes.
* The Optical theme by Digital Droo
* The Optical “aperture” logo by Mike Gower