The Pennsylvania Rock Show is a podcast that features an unsigned rock band interview usually from Pennsylvania. The interview is part of our online radio show of the same name that is full of songs from the best unsigned bands Pennsylvania has to offer. The show is then rebroadcast on some of the biggest internet radio stations out there, as well as, a FM Station in St. Louis.The show is hosted by Bill Domiano of www.buildthescene.com and runs commercial free. It includes a segment called “Get Outta Town”, that plays 3 songs from bands outside of PA, which has proved the shows popularity, as bands from all over the world are submitting material and coming to town to be interviewed. Our Concert Calendar segment provides upcoming concert information for our local bands. The Pennsylvania Rock Show creates an avenue for world wide exposure for which otherwise bands would not have any outlets other than a local bar or party. The Weekly RockBlog segment is devoted to new up and coming music from across the state and beyond. In this segment, we will review new music of all genres, talk about current musical trends, offer insight into local scenes across the country and provide some tips and tricks on promotion.
Prime 8 PARS601
Prime 8 makes their debut on episode #601 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show.
Featuring music from: SuperMonkey, Neostem, Prime 8, David Hipchen, Moonshine Jasmine
Interview Session 1 with Prime 8
* Tell us about The Big Break Contest and how you got involved and about the song, video, etc.
* We talk about Bill's first impression/meeting with Sean. (haha)
* Sean tells an funny story about Neostem's front man and a stage.
* Tell me about an embarrassing moment a member of your band had on stage, but you have to talk about someone else in the band.
* You find a DeLorean, what band do you go back in time to hang out with for a year?
* What is a non-traditional venue that you'd like to play?
* What Prime 8 song should survive and apocalyptic event that happens, which of your songs should help re-populate the Earth?
* What is the best pizza you've had because you were in a band?
* Who is your Dave Grohl?
* You're headed to Scranton in 2 weeks for round 2 of The Big Break, what will your sound track during the drive be?
Interview Session 2 with Prime 8
* If you're musical idol sat down next to you and said you could only ask 1 question... who and what?
* What would you sale your soul to the devil for?
* What is your favorite gig that you played?
* Where does your mind go when you're up on a stage?
* Who has been your biggest supporter as a musician?
* What is coming up for Prime 8?
* Where can the listeners listen to your music?
Kore Rozzik joins Bill for episode 600 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show. This episode features his new song, Vengeance is not Enough.
Featuring music from: Moonshine Jasmine, Kore Rozzik, Royal Honey, Illusions of Grandeur
Segment 1 with Kore Rozzik
* You're from New York, let's talk about what you are doing on the Pennsylvania Rock Show.
* Tell me a bit about your history as a musician, when did you realize that you wanted to be a musician? When did it click?
* What is your favorite venue that you played at, that had the best pizza?
* Where is one place in the world that you think would be cool to play that isn't normally a venue?
* I'm driving your bus on tour, what is the soundtrack that I would be playing between stops?
* What would you say, Vengeance is not Enough, is about?
Segment 2 with Kore Rozzik
* Who is your Dave Grohl?
* If we were to play one of your songs backwards, what would hear?
* Tell me about a time someone in your band embarrassed you on stage.
* Where can our listeners find you online?
* What's coming up for Kore Rozzik?
Leprosy's guitarist Chris, who is dedicated to the art of stomach churning GORE METAL to satisfy your sick appetites since 1988! Flying the old school brutal DEATH METAL flag high, joins Bill for episode #599 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show.Featuring music from: Scattered Hamlet, Crooked Ways, Leprosy, Transcendence, Gonto, Demo Demon, 9 Stitch MethodSegment one with Leprosy* Leprosy has been around for about 33 years?* Have you always been a Pittsburgh band?* What is something about the Pittsburgh scene that you love and something you'd like to change?* Which guitars make it up on stage with you?* What endorsements do you have?* What is your favorite venue to eat at?* What equipment do you use on stage?* What song that you didn't write, do you wish you would have written?* Who is your Dave Grohl?* When did you decide you wanted to be in a band? Why death metal?* You come upon a DeLorean, where are you going in time and what band are you going to check out?* What is your favorite musical documentary that you've watched?* What are your favorite Morbid Angel songs?* If you could build an all-star band from the Pittsburgh scene, who would you put in the band?* If you could play anywhere on the Earth, where would you play?Segment two with Chris* Tell us about your new stuff, Impulse to Kill.* An apocalyptic event happens living a handful of humans, what Leprosy song should survive and help repopulate the Earth?* If we played a Leprosy song backwards, what would we hear?* Tell me about an embarrassing moment that happened on stage.* If you had it to do over again, would you change anything?* You're sitting on a bench and your musical idol sits down next to you, you can ask them 1 question. Who is sitting next to you and what are you going to ask them?* What are you going to sell your soul to the devil for?* Who is the most famous musician that you've talked to?* Where can the listeners find you online?* What is coming up next for Leprosy?https://youtu.be/md6Tjoqgn5w
Low Life Drifters PARS598
Jimmy, Keith, & Chuck of The Low Life Drifters join Bill for episode #598 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show.
Segment 1 with The Low Life Drifters
* What would you sell your soul to the devil for?
* If you could eradicate any genre of music what would it be? asked by Tizz of XRP Radio
* If I was driving your tour bus, what music would I be playing between stops?
* If you could wear any famous person's face as a mask to pretend to be them and why; keep in mind they probably wouldn't survive. asked by Tizz of XRP Radio
* An apocalyptic event happens and wipes out almost all humans on Earth, which Low Life Drifter's song should survive and help re-populate the Earth?
* If you could go back to any time in the history of the world to follow around any band for a year to hangout with them and learn from them, who and why?
* What is your favorite venue based on the food that you've eaten there?
* What off the wall place would you like to play?
* Tell me about a time a bandmate embarrassed you on stage.
* What is one thing you love about the local scene and one thing that you would change?
* Who is your Dave Grohl?
* You walk past a DeLoreon with a Flux Capacitor in it, where are you going and why?
* Think about the local scene, and create an all-star band that you cannot play in, but would manage it.
* What is coming up for The Low Life Drifters?
The Big Break Contest PARS596
Eyal, Aiden, and Vinnie from the Big Break have a chat with Bill about their music competition, The Big Break on episode 596 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show.
Featuring music from: Crooked Ways, Stone Cold Killer, Prime 8, Midheaven,
* How did The Big Break make the jump from Colorado to Pennsylvania?
* What is The Big Break?
* Where are the second round performance contests going to take place?
* What will be judged on the live performances?
* Vinnie, as the host, I feel like you might have the hardest job, do you agree?
* If you could go back in time and hang out with any band, who would you pick?
* What would you sell your soul to the devil for?
* Which bands are currently in Round 1?
* Prime 8, RadioRiot, Midheaven, Stephanie & the Wild Hearts, Old Kentucky Shark, Tainted Faith, 5-7-Zero, I Am Buffalo, Gus The Savage, Black Horizon, Stars Burn Red
* How did the bands get selected, besides submitting a video?
* Judges for the live performances: Aaron Buch of Breaking Benjamin, Josh Balz formerly of Motionless in White, and Aidan from The Big Break
* Let's say The Big Break gets its own "big break", would you change anything or keep it the same?
* Have you been thinking about expanding outside of the Pennsylvania borders?
* Will Bill drive across the state to watch the next round of the contest?
Where can I vote for the bands in The Big Break?
What is The Big Break?
The Big Break began as a competition for Colorado bands for a prize of winning a fully-produced music video from producer Eyal Filkovsky.
The contest was created by Denver's Trevor O'Connor of Trevor Rocks Denver, and Eyal Filkovsky. The Big Break is now located in Pennsylvania to give a local band a chance to win BIG.
How does the Big Break Pennsylvania Edition work?
* Round 1: Bands are given 3 months to create a homemade music video. This can be done with iPhones, Point-&-Shoot cameras, and iMovie/Windows Movie Maker.
* Round 2: Fans have ONE MONTH from the competition launch date to submit their votes. You are allowed to vote for more than one band, but only ONCE per band. The top 9 - 12 bands will continue to the next round.
* Round 3: 3 nights, 3 - 5 bands per night,
Christian of SuperMonkey joins Bill for episode 595 of the Pennsylvania Rock Show.featuring music from: Winter's Descent, The Cheats, Conflict Cycle, Prime 8, 30 Days of Pain, SuperMonkey, Brandon Green, Rat Bastard, Doppler Affect, Rockabilly Junction, Corners of SanctuaryInterview with SuperMonkey* What has SuperMonkey been up to, since you were last on?* Bill talks about the loss of local musician Bill Duff.* Who else is in your band?* We talk about the Vinnie Belfiore benefit concert coming up this Saturday.* What is your favorite venue, food-wise?* Ridiculous band riders?* What company would you like to license one of your songs to?https://youtu.be/p-c8c5JX4MQ
I love the music
I love hearing the highlights of some undiscovered music! It is awesome and gives me more to listen! Plus the interviews are great! Bill is a great interviewer