The Quad is a place for all of us to connect. Hosted by Carnegie Dartlet VP of Enrollment and Marketing Strategy Eric Page, welcomes four higher education thought leaders each month to discuss relevant topics of the day while revealing a little bit about themselves and their career paths. The conversations will be at times light and funny, and other times serious and insightful. We promise you’ll be entertained while learning something about higher ed—and our guests—that you didn’t know before.
So, grab a frisbee and meet us on The Quad!
Eric Page is joined by Ericka Mathews-Jackson (Wayne State University), Bob Stewart (Jacksonville University), Adam Stoltz (University of Idaho), and Tony Sarda (St. Mary's University (TX)) to discuss the following topics:
• Delayed college search cycle for the Class of 2021
• COVID-19 on campus: Protecting students and providing education
• Mental health and professional development
• Politics and higher ed: What’s it like on campus the week before the election?
Eric welcomes enrollment leaders Jennielle Strother, Mitch Warren, Mateo Remsburg, and Jacob Browne to discuss the “test-optional” movement, recruitment of the Class of 2021, leadership and change management, and NACAC conference memories.
Higher Education Video Podcast - Episode 3, Graduate Students
Welcome to episode three of The Quad vodcast, a monthly higher education video podcast by Carnegie Dartlet.
This episode dives deeper into the psyche of graduate students and how that has changed over the past six months during the COVID-19 pandemic. The group also discusses how graduate education can be delivered during the pandemic and how schools have approached creating scenario-based contingency plans for both in-person and online delivery for Fall 2020. Later, the group explores if the pandemic's unprecedented cycle has permanently altered graduate education, creating a new normal for graduate enrollment and recruitment strategies.
Our host Eric Page, Carnegie Dartlet's VP of Enrollment and Marketing Strategy, is joined this month by four higher education thought leaders:
- Jeremiah Nelson, Director of Enrollment Management, Wake Forest University, Charlotte MBA Programs
- Amanda Ostreko, PhD, Assistant Vice Provost and Director of Graduate Enrollment Management, University of Kansas
- Jason Hamilton, Assistant Vice President, Graduate and Corporate Recruiting, Lipscomb University
- Mark Cunningham, EVP of Business Development, Carnegie Dartlet
Learn more about Carnegie Dartlet's The Quad vodcast, including access to previous episodes at https://www.carnegiedartlet.com/resources/the-quad/
Eric Page is joined by Lori Greene (Butler University), Gareth Fowles (Lynn University), Ellen Johnson (The College of St. Scholastica), and Jennifer Lonchar (Carnegie Dartlet) to discuss the following topics:
• Returning to campus
• Gearing up for fall recruitment and “travel season”
• International student recruitment and retention
• Personal and professional wellness
Eric Page is joined by Heather Daniels (Colorado State University), Kent Barnds (Augustana College), Todd Rinehart (University of Denver), and Darryl Jones (Gettysburg College) to discuss the following topics:
• Continued impact of COVID-19 on admission and recruitment
• Higher education’s role in racial equity and social progress
• Admissions as a career
• Work and life in quarantine