Thanks for joining us on the Scrappy Entrepreneur Show, hosted by Entrepreneur and Business Builder Paula Y. Get ready for a fun and interesting mix of insight and advice from entrepreneurs, influencers, thought leaders and experts across the wide spectrum of of business. We’ll share practical, informative tips from the trenches to help you thrive and prosper as an entrepreneur. Happy Listening!
Donna Bond: Harness your higher purpose as an entrepreneur
Today my guest is Donna Bond, a Life and Business Coach who is the owner of Donna Bond Professional Coaching and Consulting, based in San Clemente, California. After earning a degree in hotel and restaurant management, Donna spent 28 years in the hotel business as a marketing executive. At the age of 45, she had an epiphany that life was passing her by. She left her prestigious job at the Ritz-Carlton in 2014 and became self-employed as a marketing consultant. A year and a half later, she earned a Master’s in Spiritual Psychology and started her new role as a life and business coach, helping countless clients improve their lives by getting in touch with what their “higher purpose.” Recently she wrote her first book, Original Wisdom: Harnessing the Power of the Authentic You.
In this episode we dive into:
· Identifying the kind of life you want
· Why our soul calls us to something greater, to the next level of potential
· How to navigate outside your comfort zone
· Why we have to “make the leap” and then our “net” appears
· How to discover our powers of creation
· Engaging with life so that it gives you feedback
· Reinventing how we live and how we do business
· How to invest our energy into possibility and vision
· How to avoid narrow-minded thinking
· Why you should avoid having expectations for a particular outcome
· The benefits of slowing down
· How to transform fear into courage
· How affirmations can help awaken your “inner knowingness”
· The value of meditation
To connect with Donna Bond:
Elana Varon: The Ultimate Side Hustle-Moneymaking Ideas for the Gig Economy
Elana Varon is the founder of Cochituate Media and an award-winning editor and writer with more than three decades of experience covering leadership, technology, innovation, environmental sustainability and public policy. Among her recent work, Elana is...
John Biggs: Get Funded! The Startup Entrepreneur’s Guide to Seriously Successful Fundraising
Today my guest is John Biggs, an accomplished writer, technologist and entrepreneur. He and communications strategist Eric Villines are co-authors of Get Funded! The Startup Entrepreneur’s Guide to Seriously Successful Fundraising.” John is a writer, consultant, programmer, and former East Coast Editor for TechCrunch, an online newspaper focusing on high tech and startup companies. He writes mainly about technology, cryptocurrency, security, gadgets, gear, wristwatches, and the Internet. After spending his formative years as a programmer, he switched his profession and became a full-time entrepreneur and writer. His work has appeared in print and online publications including the New York Times, PC Upgrade, Surge, Gizmodo, Men’s Health, InSync, Linux Journal and Popular Science. He also consults with startups to help them make cool things and be successful.
In this episode we dive into:
· Why a scrappy entrepreneur may not want to obtain outside funding
· Why VCs are “implicitly selfish and risk averse”
· Ways in which a VC can cause harm to your business
· Crowdfunding, friend and family rounds and other approaches to funding
· Circumstances where a business plan is useful
· How to identify VCs and ways to approach them
· Why you need a “hacker, huckster and hipster” to be successful
· Various grants that can help your business
· How microloans and microdonations work
· The facts about GoFundMe campaigns
· Why you should practice before pitching to investors
· Why your pitch should be “compelling, human and promising”
To connect with John Biggs
Michelle Seiler Tucker: EXIT Rich: Sell Your Business for More than it's Worth
Today my guest is Michelle Seiler Tucker, Founder and CEO of Seiler Tucker Inc. Michelle holds a Mergers & Acquisitions Master Intermediary title and is a 20-year veteran in the M&A industry. She has a wealth of experience regarding buying,...
Kerry Hannon: You’re never too old to get rich!
Today my guest is Kerry Hannon, a leading authority and strategist on work and jobs, career transitions, entrepreneurship, leadership, personal finance and retirement. A frequent TV and radio commentator, millions of people have been motivated by...
Ken Colao: In Business, Commit to Do Good and Never Give Up, to Achieve Success
Today my guest is Ken Colao, founding principal and president of CNY. He is an accomplished leader and entrepreneur in the construction industry with more than 40 years of experience as a principal of several major firms, having completed more than $6...
Infinite pearls of wisdom!
Paula is living her best life and has so many pearls of wisdom for the world! She is a model for us all to follow our hearts.
This is a great podcast
I really enjoy this podcast. Really great information. The host is really great at pulling out really good tips for entrepreneurs. I am excited to hear more of this podcast.
Paula is an amazing host
After talking with Paula on my show, and being on hers, there’s no doubt in my mind that this podcast is going to do big things. She is hyper focused on results and deriving information for the listeners