Dan Buettner: “If you want to live a long time, you want to think about shaping your surroundings.”
Buettner—a longevity expert, New York Times bestselling author, and founder of Blue Zones—joins mbg co-CEO, Jason Wachob, to discuss the nonnegotiables for a long and healthy life, plus:
*How to pack more movement into your everyday*
*Why you should keep your shoes by the door*
*How to actually find your purpose*
*Why kids who live with their grandparents do better in school*
*How much coffee you should drink to reap the benefits without feeling jittery*
Referenced in the episode:
- Blue Zones website.
- Buettner's Blue Zones books.
- Study showing the link between volunteering and mental well-being.
- mbg Podcast episode #157, with Buettner.
- mbg Podcast episode #34, with Buettner.
- Buettner's TED Talk on how to live to be 100+.
- Blue Zones true vitality test.
- Blue Zones life challenge.
- Buettner's National Geographic article on the world's healthiest foods.
Sign up and learn more about the mindbodygreen x Lexus Retreats in Motion here!
Enjoy this episode, sponsored by Lexus! Whether it's an article or podcast, we want to know what we can do to help here at mindbodygreen. Let us know at: email@example.com.