The Treehouse is a biweekly look at the things our kids engage with in the world. This podcast is designed to encourage and equip you, the parent and kids ministry leader. Hosted by Michael Lenahan.
Social Media & Easter - A Guide For Parents
On this episode of The Treehouse we talk about the social platform called Tiktok, and is the social platform safe for your kids?. We also talk about alternative ways to celebrate Easter this year. It's a great time to start new traditions. This episode has 3 segments.
1.TikTok is it safe for your kids?
2.New Easter Traditions.
3.Our game of the year Animal Crossing
The websites that were talked about on today's episode were.
1. Plugged In - https://www.pluggedin.com/game-reviews/animal-crossing-new-horizons/
2. TikTok - https://kinzoo.com/blog/child-safety-online/is-tiktok-safe-for-kids/
3. TikTok - https://www.familyorbit.com/blog/is-tiktok-safe-for-kids/
4. Easter Ideas - https://www.realsimple.com/holidays-entertaining/holidays/more-holidays/easter-activities-quarantine
Video Games - A Guide For Parents
On this episode of The Treehouse we talk about video games. Right now kids are getting more screen time more than ever, so what should parents know about the games their kids are playing? We talk about 4 main topics on today's Episode.
1.What games should my kids be playing?
2.How much screen time should be kids have?
3.Is playing online okay?
4.What platforms should my kids be using to watch others play games?
The two websites that were talked about on today's episode were.
1. Plugged In - https://www.gameinformer.com/
2. Game Informer - https://www.gameinformer.com/
Brayden's Pick of the Week - Mario Kart
Michael's Pick of the Week - Animal Crossing